 Trains / 10480
Re: Announcing my new website: A database of photos of British railway wagons
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 14:13:36 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Huw Millington writes:
As some of you know, back in the '80's I used to spend a lot of time
photographing railway wagons in the UK. I have decided to do something
useful with all my photos, and have extablished a new web site to display
them.

The URL is http://www.brickset.com/wagons

(It has nothing to do with brickset -- it's just a convenient place to host
the ASP application at no extra cost)

At present there are about 350 images available, and I have another 5000 or
so still to scan.

To be honest, the interface has not yet been geared up for the non-expert
visitor, but I will be attending to that in due course.

Can't get less expert than me, and I am finding scouting around a breeze.
Of course I am the type that clicks on almost everything in sight eventually
just out of curiousity...

It did't take but a moment or so to find a wonderful one to model for a
Fabuland style train - yellow and green with a rounded top.   Beautiful!
1984, it is even from the same era as Fabuland.
http://www.brickset.com/wagons/view.asp?PhotoID=72

Thank you for yet another excellent resource!

sheree

Nevertheless, LEGO
train modellers may still find something of interest and inspiration there.

I look forward to your comments.

Huw