 Trains / 10215
  Pics of my "Auto Hopper" unloading hopper car

I have uploaded some pictures of my recent hopper car design that has self-closing unloading doors. The "Auto Hopper" is part of a larger project that will include a loading and unloading station via an RCX. This hopper was designed so that it can (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics of my "Auto Hopper" unloading hopper car

Very nice! And clever too! You do consider it a "six wide" MOC, right? "James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message news:GA3Bs5.3xx@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics of my "Auto Hopper" unloading hopper car

Yeah, even though it's technically "seven wide" it's still a good ol' "six wider" at heart. (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

"James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message news:GA3Bs5.3xx@lugnet.com... (...) project (...) It looks very good! The overall design of the hopper looks very nice and I really like the working unloading doors. Are you running the hoppers (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics of my "Auto Hopper" unloading hopper car

(...) Yes, the unloading is happening over 4.5 volt track so that I can discharge into a bin below. Also I'm working on making the same section of track act as a scale by using some springs and a rotation sensor. As for the how the RCX will interact (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics of my "Auto Hopper" unloading hopper car

(...) slider in the bottom. The slider protrudes slightly on either side, so you push it up against a pair of posts either side of the track to force it open. Unfortunately, I had to keep the hatch small enough to pour through 9V track, and it only (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics of my "Auto Hopper" unloading hopper car

(...) Nice. I like the seven-wide rim at the top! How much "flow-through" do you get with the bottom restriction? Any danger of the 1x6 plate coming off? I'm curious to hear "Mr. black hopper"'s take on it... 8-) SRC (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics of my "Auto Hopper" unloading hopper car

(...) Spiff-o-matic. A bit bulky looking but it's hard to be delicate AND working... I wanna see this baby in action through the whole load/unload cycle. (I had some Tyco Electric Trucking, remember that, guys?? and i always set up my track so that (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics of my "Auto Hopper" unloading hopper car

(...) I still have the Tyco trucking stuff. In fact I have been looking at it to see if I could use the design. The main problem is that the way the gates are opened do not allow to let the hopper pass the station so only the last hopper can be (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)