 Trains / 10186
Re: Harry P. Movie Trailer / Hogwarts Express Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 00:29:12 GMT

In lugnet.general, Damien Nesbit writes:
In lugnet.general, Bryan Kinkel writes:
The teaser trailer for the Harry Potter movie was posted at
http://harrypotter.warnerbros.com/web/home.jsp .

Lego train fans note that there is a shot of the Hogwarts Express train on
the web site and the trailer contains a few scenes with the train.

If Lego plans on releasing a Hogwarts Express train set, then the trailer
will give you an idea what it might look like.

Bryan

    Whoo-hoo!!!   Awesome!  It's gonna take every ounce of patience I can
muster to avoid going crazy while I wait for November 16th!!!  Forgive me,
please, but I'm more eager to see the movie than the Lego sets!  However,
its not by all that great a margin, so I'll say that a Hogwart's Express set
would be absolutely marvelous!  Be careful before agreeing with me though,
'cause I'm with those of us lugnetters who want to see the Harry Potter sets
done in the Belville scale rather than minifig scale, and this would be an
excellent excuse for TLG to do a Belville train set (hey, if they can do a
yacht, why not a train?).  I envision such a set being no more than an
engine and a passenger car, and it'd be fine by me if it didn't run on any
track whatsoever as long as it looked cool.  That's not to say that i
wouldn't appreciate a minifig-scale 9v Hogwarts Express set, I'd just prefer
for all of the Harry Potter sets to be in Belville scale.  I have quite a
few reasons for this.  First, i have to say that I've completely turned my
girlfriends 7 year old sister into a lego maniac with the help of the
Belville line.  Sure I get her a system set here and there (I'll pick up
anything inexpensive with a female minifig), and she definitely combines the
two, but I'm just so impressed with the posability and level of detail
inherent in the belville figuines, that I can't envision the minifig scale
doing the Harry Potter storyline justice.  Not to mention that Belville's
Fairy Tale theme has a lot of accessories and architecture that'd cross over
into HP with ease.  In addition, as I've been a big supporter of Lego
including African phenotype minifigs into their system sets, I have to take
the same position in regards to the absence of Black characters in the
Belville line.  Harry's got a black roommate in Griffyndor, Dean (I can't
remember his last name) and that'd provide a perfect start for such an
addition to the Bellville line.  I just posted a message in response to the
Andy MacDonald endorsements wherein I suggest that TLG starts marketing the
Belville scale aggressively via the inclusion of an X-treme sports
theme(lugnet.general # 28598).  That'd really blow the Mega Blox sets out of
the water! I really think that with the right licenses, themes, and
promotions, TLG can give any action figure line a run for their money, and
maybe achieve the goal of becoming the #1 household toy brand by 2005.  I
see Belville as a theme with so much potential, I just hope that TLG does as
well.

Just to let you know, you have an interesting view point.  I am clearly
not a big fan of Belville (I guess its a girl thing...hmmm..????) I do
have some Paradisa sets...I really like the contrast in colours versus the
usually normal town sets.  I agree that Lego should have more "ethnic
diversity" when it comes to its mini-figs...different faces and facial hair
and more female mini-figs isn't going far enough...enough about those issues.
I agree also with you view point that thinks that the train, well entire
line should be in Belville scale.  I think that a lot more people would like
this than the normal mini-fig scale both for style and detail of the Belville
figures and their larger size.
I am a big (actually huge fan of 9V trains, and would like another 9V
train model (I nearly have the entire line of 9V trains, btw)
but don't want this Harry Potter Train to be in the 9V line.  I didn't
really like the design of the 3225 Classic Train engine car, and Lego would
probably try to duplicate it with the Hogwarts Train.