 Trains / 10001
  the first few pictures of the new GMLTC layout

Well, as promised, the construction has begun on the 4th GMLTC train layout. I've got a couple of pictures posted to (URL) first subway station as we were building it, the subway station as it looks through the front windows, and a few trees that I (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: the first few pictures of the new GMLTC layout

(...) Wow, those are big trees. They rock. Subway: Nice start but... needs more people! (wait, that's J1's line) That guy in the green wizard hat, that's Dan Jezek counting his money after selling you a few key bricks, right? :-) (on the Hawaiian (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: the first few pictures of the new GMLTC layout

(...) I'm sure this is the kind of thing you guys have thought of, and I'm just dying to know... what happens if the subway derails? Excellent pictures. Someday I want to have that much Lego. :) James (23 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: the first few pictures of the new GMLTC layout

(...) We have a minifig in a white tuxedo shout out, "De Rail, De Rail!!" ;-) Actually, the red window panels in front are removable, and the track runs exposed on the back side. In the corners might get interesting, though... -John (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: the first few pictures of the new GMLTC layout

(...) As J-2 said, the windows in front lift up, and we also build in 'access panels' at key spots around the layout. We're planning on running the subway trains using RCX power, at a very low power level - so we don't think there will be any (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: the first few pictures of the new GMLTC layout

(...) Actually, it looks brighter in person. The camera's exposure meter was fooled by the bright light coming down the stairway. (The stairs will open up inside the train station on the surface.) We've debated the subway lighting. We decided we (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: the first few pictures of the new GMLTC layout

(...) Those white walls are way to clean also... (23 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)