 Trains / *9764 (-20)
  Re: Interesting Trade Proposal for Set 4558...!?

(...) Even in case to make you jealous or even angry: I actually DO HAVE a sealed metroliner at home in this very moment. :-) Looks like this: (URL) I definitely will kill the seals and build the set for my own (probably this evening, if there is (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Look for old trains

James: (...) Play well, Jacob -- No .sig today. (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Interesting Trade Proposal for Set 4558...!?

I am dying to get my hands on a Metroliner train set (4558), mint in box, but my wife will kill me if I spend what the auctions and straight sales are asking. So, being that I am a web site designer (I am the New York Mets webmaster-www.mets.com) I (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12v Signals

(...) I have instructions with pictures on my website here: (URL) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new trains?

(...) I'd love to see them adopt some DCC-controlled motors, so that we don't have to do the surgery ourselves (even though Thomas Cook at WAMALTC has posted an excellent pictorial guide for those who dare to try!) The current motors also pass the (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorize switch point

I had read your document, but I have a simple question, who wil control your "Small Air Cylinder"? if we use motor that can be controlled by RCX, Scout or regulator. (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Show report

This is AMAZING -- love the airport! David "Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G77JA4.7Mx@lugnet.com... (...) :-) (...) from (...) image. (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: New Look for old trains

This has got to be the most impressive MOC collection of trains in the world, James. You are one prolific dude, dude:-) I like the way you end on 8 wides-- kind of implies an evolution of sorts! <g,d,r> Speaking of the 8 wides, regarding the euro (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorize switch point

(...) Well, I've done switch points with much success, and the cargo crane with little. Here are some older pix, I've got some new ones coming up. (URL) eighth picture down is the cargo crane. If anyone designs a better claw for this crane, PLEASE (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Show report

[snip] Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G77JA4.7Mx@lugnet.com... (...) image. That would be your first clue that these images are *way* too big for most folks. Thanks for sharing Larry, but these pictures would be (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Cleaning 9V track

(...) I've used that clear, yellow "Goo Gone" cleaner with some success. (I was intrduced to it at the NMRA show, by one of the vendors of track cleaning reailcars, so it seems to me that it works well on brass rails as well.) Isopropyl ("Rubbing") (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new trains

(...) For cost reasons I'd think LEGO would create a Micro-Scout sized computer with a little screen that would allow you to program each train into the system like DCC. A Scout type screen would be all that would be needed. Small and efficient. Of (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new trains

Personally, I wouldn't think that they would go as far as computer controlled layouts considering most individuals would not want to move their computer close to their track nor do they usually have enough space for even a temporary layout in (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Show report

Peter & All, (...) the (...) trains (...) effect. (...) That was a bad smell, maybe they can shoot some air freshener in that smoke maker. Nice effect, though. : ) (...) And (...) Indeed, the kids enjoyed it, but I bet the AFOL'S enjoyed it more, (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Knee-biting Amtrak Cascades (was:Re: New Look for old trains)

(...) knee-biter.[1] (...) Ah, so I should present my train models in alphabetical order. Got it! ;-) (...) I'm glad you got to see it run and discover any and all its flaws. (...) Yes! This is the type of comment I love! Yes: less tall. I totally (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Look for old trains

(...) Done. (...) Well, the links aren't "upper left". They are just "left". Is that ok? later, James Mathis (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Cleaning 9V track

I recently unpacked some of my 9V track I had in storage and noticed that some of the track has little orange specks on it. It looked like rust. Has anyone ever seen this on their track? If so, how do I clean it and keep this from happening again? (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Cleaning 9V track

I recently unpacked some of my 9V track I had in storage and noticed that some of the track has little orange specks on it. It looked like rust. Has anyone ever seen this on their track? If so, how do I clean it and keep this from happening again? (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12v Signals

If memory serves me correct, on the rear of the switch there should be two terminals. When loking at the back straight on; the left hand side one serves as the wire to the signal, and the right hand one is connection to a special track piece in (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Look for old trains

(...) <snip> (...) It's actually a quote from Douglas Adams's _Life, the Universe, and Everything_. An immortal alien is bored by his existence, so decides to insult everyone in the entire galaxy, and to do it alphabetically. The complete quote (as (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact