 Trains / *8949 (-20)
  Re: NELUG participates in December 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show.

(...) I think most of the stygma comes from what people either remember building when they were kids or what their own kids build with what is probably a much smaller assortment of parts then what most of us have to work with. For some reason the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: NELUG participates in December 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show.

(...) blast! It's great to hear that so many people were interested in your layout and the whole LEGO Train theme as well. LEGO has been making trains for decades and it's funny how few people know about it, especially model railroad fans. On an (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: motorized points - finally got it!

Here's some pics on brickshelf. Sorry that they are blurry, the digi-cam I have dosen't seem to do well at close range. (URL) No modifications where made on the switch! (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NELUG participates in December 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show.

(...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: More pics from the Wilmington Greenburg show

"Gianluca Morelli" <moebiusring@yahoo.it> wrote in message news:G522uG.8CG@lugnet.com... (...) essence of those daft-looking vehicles. Huw (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.general)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

"Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote in message news:G529C8.3n1@lugnet.com... (...) have (...) in (...) they (...) they (...) They are just loose and liable to fall out if the building is tipped. But that doesn't happen easily or often :-) (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  5 wide sports car

After building and modifying Gianluca's 5-wide Testarosa to fit a minifigure (with no roof and a driver, it looks a bit too toyish, but it's possible :), I was inspired to come up with my own 5-wide sports car. It started out as a Lamborghini Diablo (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.general) !

  Re: More pics from the Wilmington Greenburg show

(...) knew there was something funny when the guy I got it from had me meet him at the dock,and had the car sitting on the deck of the ship from the Launch and Load Seaport. :-) Tom D (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.general)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

(...) Huw- I'm not a big train fan, although I am incerdibly impressed by the shed and it's surroundings and interior. I love the fence, I hadn't ever thought to use the ropes like that (although you can be sure they'll turn up in something like (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

Overhere (Sassenheim, Netherlands): Vliko-bak Duq "Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G4yxHv.G53@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  NELUG participates in December 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show.

The NELUG web page has been updated with Thumbnailed pictures and a report on the show and some of the storys we had from the show. I am sure I missed some of the stories but I am sure others can add their stories here. Anyway no need to repeat what (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: motorized points - finally got it!

Very cool, Steve - glad you got it to work, and I'm looking forward to the pics. I've never tried rotating the motor vertically - doh! That allows the motor torque to be shifted to a different plane than the switch throw, so you won't have to use (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: More pics from the Wilmington Greenburg show

(...) Hmmmm.....It seems to me that I've already seen that yellow car on the right,next to the phone box :-) (URL) "8wide" Morelli PS: need some help? Look here: (URL) here for building instructions: (URL) I'm really happy to see my creations in the (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.general)

  Re: New Train Cars and Locos

"Tony Kilaras" <kilaras@speedus.com> wrote in message news:G4z8Dt.I17@lugnet.com... (...) nope. It's fixed. It is offset by 1/2 a stud. (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc)

  More pics from the Wilmington Greenburg show

Check out some more raw pictures from NELUG's adventures in train-ing this past weekend at the Greenburg Train & Toy Show: (URL) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.general)

  Re: Third Day Pics from Wilmington

(...) Well... Ummm... Yah thats it. (...) Uh. Yah. The first day we had no serious accidents but on day 2 the Metroliner made the trip twice. Admittedly we were running the trains slower on day one. My theory that a slow train gives little ones and (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

(...) No, but it does answer that UK signalbox=US tower ... As I suspected. So what do the UK call the little trackside electrical enclosures, then? ++Lar (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Christmas Train

(...) I really like the way my steam engine turned out. Considering I limited my self to primarily red pieces, with trim in white and green, I think it turned out pretty well. I've discovered that the key to a good looking model is the proper (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.fun.holiday)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

Gianluca Morelli <moebiusring@yahoo.it> wrote in message news:G51nEr.GD4@lugnet.com... (...) incredible! (...) a lot (...) I'll take some better pics of the lathe, while its not in-situ. It seems to have generated quite a bit of interest. Huw (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Christmas Train

(...) Nice, Adrian! I've yet to try holiday theming with trains. I tried to build a replica of that Hallmark Christmas Ornament from 1995, but that's about it. Kevin (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.fun.holiday)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact