 Trains / *8784 (-20)
  Re: New Train Cars and Water Tower

(...) Tom, I like the tower - how many wing peices on top? Bob Hayes (24 years ago, 26-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc)

  Re: Pics: Train Station and Interlocking Tower

(...) Good eye, Paul! Yes, I got my primary inspiration from it. Here is a pic for those following along at home: (URL) mine again: (URL) for reminding me, Paul! -John (...) (24 years ago, 26-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steel Industry

(...) Well the Blast furnace as a HO model is about 27 1/2" by 10 1/4". So since lego is about O, and HO is half of O. Just the blast furnace would measure 4 by 2 feet(27x2 by 10x2) THATS BIG, and thats just one component of the whole shabang! Well (...) (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steel Industry

(...) I cannot think that anyone has. I don't have the area to do even a decent impression of one (esp. not with everything else I have :). I do have a working coal unloader (that might help), and I guess if you have HO models, you have photos from (...) (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Steel Industry

I was working on my HO model railroad yesterday when a thought came into mind. Steel Industry. As large as a steel plant is, it would be a marvelous model with a huge amount of space and bricks required. Has anyone actually modeled a steel plant (...) (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New Train Cars and Water Tower

Dan Boger and I recently made some new train cars and a Water Tower. Check them out: (URL) include two Box Cars and a Heavy Duty Depressed Center Flat Car. The Cow and Calf switchers were made by Dan at the recent wamaLTC meeting: (URL) more pics of (...) (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc)

  Re: Pics: Train Station and Interlocking Tower

(...) Is that the model of the Soo Line tower from Eau Claire? Paul (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train groups and LEGO

(...) If there is any logic ( and I assume there would be), then it would be that the stores don't *want* the train stuff to sell. For example, look at Target's luck with selling the 4561. Now I have a pretty good idea how well they sold at retail (...) (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Train groups and LEGO

The other day it occurred to me that North America has probably 80% of the worlds LEGO train clubs... And yet, LEGO refuses to sell the Train Stuff in the stores... you tell me where the logic is... Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (...) (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: a new kind of draw bridge

(...) Along with the floating crane to lift it into place! (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: a new kind of draw bridge

(...) In a way, I wish you hadn't shown me that. :-) Now I'm going to have to create it with LEGO... SRC LEGOArches and other StRuCtures (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Pics: Train Station and Interlocking Tower

I agree with John that outdoor lighting is the best, this is my favorite shot from the Outlet Store show: (URL) know it's not an impressive MOC or anything but I just like the shot, simple foreground subject, nice mini-fig working in the back, then (...) (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: Train Station and Interlocking Tower

(...) There is (kind of;) (URL) were just experimental, hurried together shots. For final "keeper" shots, I'd manage the background more carefully, add figs, etc. I am divided about photographing MOCs in either "real" or LEGO created scenes. Pics (...) (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New numbers - 45XX out?

(...) Yes, but 4562 is still open, but 4561 is blocked by the Railway Express. Oh, well, at least it's train. I really hope that racers(they look like Duplo in my opinion) don't make the 9V line extinct. Kevin McMillin ---...--- "We should be (...) (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: Train Station and Interlocking Tower

(...) In fact those are COOL models! The gray roof on a tan building really is an eye-catcher. Regards, Ben BTW: Why is there no 8-wide in front of that building? (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New numbers - 45XX out?

(...) numbers. Yes indeed. This could be understood as hint that the 9V train line (as it is now) will not be continued. So far there have been three goods trains with numbers: 4563 4564 4565 but 4566 is now blocked by a new none-train-set. Kind (...) (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: Pics: Train Station and Interlocking Tower

That looks good! I think the last one is the best (interlockingtower3.jpg) For some time I have tought of making a lego train calendar. A friend of mine has a printing facility, so it is possible. And with these faboulus pictures we see today, it (...) (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: Train Station and Interlocking Tower

(...) lol, Yeah, it was cold, but I like the natural light:-) The indoor ones I took (but didn't post) were boring:-/ (...) Thanks, but it would look much better (and more prototypical) if the slopes were 33° instead of 45° (I have an alternate (...) (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

James Mathis <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:G4GBz2.8xI@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) Yeah the snow is a nice touch, as long as it's in your back yard and not mine. I'm sorry, but if it's cold enough to be forming icicles in the short time (...) (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: Train Station and Interlocking Tower

(...) These photos are very cool. ;-) Ben Beneke has inspired a new world of LEGO photography for us. I like it. As I don't have a LEGO town built up, nor a large LEGO train layout, it is a nice variation to photograph our models in the out of (...) (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact