 Trains / *8399 (-20)
  Re: Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler

(...) Leave him alone. Maybe he's a good enough builder that he doesn't need the crutch of a 30% larger pallete to get the details right. Maybe he's a poor college student who doesn't have 2x the number of bricks that you need to build the same (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: probably longest Lego® train pulled by 1 engine

(...) I saw this by means of the BrickShelf recent additions. I was surprised since I had not seen you post about it. I almost called attention to your efforts myself. I am glad we heard it from you personally. To have so much 12v track! The train (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler

James- All of your reasons are perfectly valid and, frankly, I wouldn't expect to convince you to build in any particular form. I just thought it would be cool if you took on an 8 wide project for the new experience of it. Actually, it's not all (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler

(...) I remember "Try it, you'll like it!" Funny :-) There are reasons, however silly or irrelevant they may be, that I build six wide. Here are some that I can think of (not necessarily in any order of importance nor significance): 1. LEGO releases (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  wamaLTC Meeting Announcement

wamaLTC meeting announcement: Day: Sunday, November 19th Time: 10 am to 6 pm Place: Granddad's Hobby Shop demo room 5260A Port Royal Road Springfield, VA 22151-2113 (URL) is a play and build meeting (minimum business)!!! So all you train fans out (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler

Okay, I've had it-- James, your designs are so cool and innovative that it kills me to see you building 6 wide instead of 8!! All I can think about is what you would be able to do with the added freedom of building 8 wide. Won't you please try (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler

Acela HSEL locomotive version 2 items of note: 1. nose piece is attached by means of magnets. 2. two Acela locomotives made 3. two Acela locomotives attached nose-to-nose a. magnetic "bar" used to couple the two locomotives nose-to-nose. b. range of (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4 Wide Loco & 3 Wide Thomas:-)

(...) Now that SOO is some kinda cool. Nice detail work considering the size. Perhaps even cooler than the 2wides, and I did like those. The cab needs to be just a bit higher - perhaps a plate under the cab roof tiles would be enough. Might be too (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cool structure database - model idea source!

(...) (URL) is the National Information Service for Earthquake Engineering Structural Engineering Slide Library at UC Berkeley. Some good bridge pictures. Kevin ---...--- Personal Lego Web page: (URL) Park: Limited edition kit (URL) Kits & Custom (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Re: Cool structure database - model idea source!

To get to a "structure type index" page click the "structures" link at the top of the scrollable frame, then click "type" in the second, non-scrollable frame:) (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Cool structure database - model idea source!

Just found a very interesting structures database at (URL) is obviously just the railroad bridges part but I couldn't find a "structures type index" page, so who knows what else is there. Only entries with a little gold blob beside the name actually (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  4 Wide Loco & 3 Wide Thomas:-)

Okay, my son strikes again:-) Here are some pics of his 4 wide Soo engine and a 3 wide Thomas: (URL) Soo utilizes some HO passenger trucks that I had purchased to use on my 4 wide Hiawatha passenger car: (URL) . We will have to find some Blombergs (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start in Train

"Zhengrong Zang" <legozang@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:39FB0A48.69BE47...hoo.com... (...) I noticed that you're from Japan, perhaps the East Japan LEGO train club can help you: (URL) Frank (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  probably longest Lego® train pulled by 1 engine

Dear all, as you might have noticed I have made myself a little rare and this is the first time since 14 days, that I'm surfing in Lugnet and the German www.1000steine.de . I have to become more active for my career and so I'm forced to limitate my (...) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  The Retail price of 6990

Does anyone tell me the retail price of 6990? Br Zhengrong (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Which to collect - 4.5v, 9v, 12v

I think 9v is most useful and popular, so you can combine train sets with RCX or any new coming electric or electronic sets. Zhengrong (...) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: How to start in Train

You can control a LEGO train via an RCX. If you are going to go this route make sure you have a 1.0 RCX version. This version has a AC Adapter connection on it. This is very useful if you are just going to have the RCX stationary (as is the case of (...) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start in Train

Dude, I can barely understand what you wrote, and English is my *first* language. If you want to be helpful, you are going to have to take a little time and proofread your posts, provide links ( (URL) ) when suggesting a site to visit, check your (...) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anybody used the technic speedster on a train?

(...) It was. Take the plans for the Snow Remover and put the device in there... Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start in Train

(...) Ok first selcome to the trains of lego. What you will need to do is first by a train set which includes everything. Next if your want to control the train by RCX visit Matts Train Depot located to you left on the screen. Here there are train (...) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact