 Trains / *7694 (-10)
  Looking for AFOL's in the St. Louis, MO USA area

I or we are looking for a few good AFOL’s in the St. Louis MO area to help on a train layout for The GATS Show on 26 Nov. in Collinsville IL (Although it might be to late), but the NMRA’s annual show is next year in St. Louis. Any interested can (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Handling "Kid play areas" on layouts

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:39C77BDA.4287@m...ing.com... (...) So has anyone figured out a way to have LEGO donate (or loan) a K-8 to support a LEGO exhibit at a train show? Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Beyer-Garrett 4-8-4-4-8-4 Sudan

(...) Hey Rocket Boy, take another look at the Brickshelf(tm) pics... :-) In one of them the model is sitting on top of a proto photo of a similar configuration unit. So I am going to go with "Yes, Stacy has proto-photos from which Stacy is (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  8wide crane (was Re: My modified 4552 crane)

(...) thanks! (...) I've been holding off on the trucks as much as i can, I've only recently found pics of ones where the trucks are visible. (...) I plan of getting some more strands into it. I think the most I can reasonably get into it is going (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Beyer-Garrett 4-8-4-4-8-4 Sudan

(...) book chocked full of Garratt information? The title is 'The Garratt Locomotive'(1969), and it's written by A.E. Durrant. I purchased the book through Ron's Books (email is ronsbooks@aol.com). Good luck Garratt fans on finding this rare bird. (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Beyer-Garrett 4-8-4-4-8-4 Sudan

Looks like you beat me to it. But its great to finally see one. Great work! We have been talking about these for a couple years in PNLTC but no one has tried it to date. I just started working on one since G2K but haven't posted yet. My biggest (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Beyer-Garrett 4-8-4-4-8-4 Sudan

(...) things (...) comments (...) squatted (...) typically (...) The white wheels will go away. They are just temps. I have some small gray spoked wheels from the new dino-adventurers sets. I just have a little suspension issue to take care of (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Handling "Kid play areas" on layouts

(...) Another thing to do is if a kid gets abandoned for very long is to get the show staff (if you are displaying at a regular show) involved. It should not be the responsibility of vendors and demonstrators to police this. (...) That of course is (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Handling "Kid play areas" on layouts

(...) A loan of a K-8 would be a great way to stock a KRR. All you'd have to add then would be track, a few train motors, some train wheels and some couplers, and possibly some large plates. I would assume one would pre-stock the KRR with some (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Beyer-Garrett 4-8-4-4-8-4 Sudan

(...) Impressive, Stacy. I am not that familiar with this type; do you have any proto-photos from which you are working? (...) Brace yourself if Dan Siskind ever gets around to converting his Big Boy to 8 wide:-) (although his 8 wide Dash 9 is (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact