 Trains / *7379 (-10)
  Re: New models

Yep, I am replying to myself. I should have said this to start with, but I guess I was being cagey because I decided to go eight wide. First, going 8-wide was a very hard decision to make, and I nearly canned the attempt before it really got off the (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Container Width (was Re: New MOC: Cargo Sprinter)

(...) I personally am planning on going 6 wide for containers. I guess 5 wide would be a possibility, I really won't be having doors in my containers (the windows w/shutters in the old Maersk truck would be neat to get, and with availability of (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wheel Car

(...) Right, I just popped the wheelsets out of the frames. I was referring that modeling two sets of rails in order to stagger the wheelsets would be difficult to model in a six wide car since there has to be four studs between the rails. Now, that (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Funicular Preview

Here's another photo of the Vevey-Mt Pelerin funicular: (URL) Mathis (...) bricks (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Funicular Preview

(...) help (...) The funicular we rode started in Vevey, and made stops in towns up to Mt. Pelerin. This is near Montreax on Lake Geneva. We bought some nice wine at a family owned winery when we stopped in Chardonne- chatted some with the owners as (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New models

Locomotive: The vents, railing, and stairs are very elegant! I really like the 1/2 stud offset for the 1/4 curved inset blue bricks. Very very nice. Caboose: Everybody who sees my trains asks, "Where's the caboose?" Sigh. You've got nice detail, (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cargo Sprinter cab window alternate

(...) I didn't look at the Markin photos, so I thought that the Cargo Sprinter was the same size as a regular train. But since you say that these are small trains then OK. As to stumping 8-wide...I think I am a convert. My two latest creations are (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New models

Just looked at them. They are beautif.....egads....they're 8wide! "Christopher Masi" <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote in message news:39AADF73.7988FD...ane.edu... (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cargo Sprinter cab window alternate

(...) Chris, 8 wide may be a bit much. The proto and Markin photos make it clear (to me anyway) that the cab width and chassis/frame width are within a very few inches of the container width if not actually exactly the same (which is my guess). (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cargo Sprinter cab window alternate

(...) I agree with Larry. I kinda like the 6-wide window better. I wonder if an eight wide car with the six wide window and the 1x3x1 red slopes would look even better? With a six wide car I like the six wide window. Chris (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact