 Trains / *7079 (-10)
  RE: NMRA show (the first of many?)

How much is a reasonable amount? $100 $1000? It would be nice if we looked more formal with skirt, large banner sign, maybe roped off build area. Use fee to buy skirt, etc? Mark (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Yellow 4.5 volt motor

It came from a Universal Set from the 70's. I had one in the 404, I think, but I am going from memory. I believe that there may have been another set with the motor in yellow, but I don't know which one that would be. Mike Peter Simpson (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Self-Centering extended coupler

Very nice design. No springs either! I will definitely try it. The slack action, as you mentioned, is a concern, but kudos to the design that allows you to push and still have the coupler pivot. "Christopher Masi" <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A real live working LEGO Shelf railway...

Very nice!!! My brother-in-law was thinking of something similar. I will have to show him yours. "Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message news:FywFon.EH9@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) a (...) but (...) response. (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.fun.crafts)

  Re: eBay Outrageous prices!

In case anyone's wondering... This auction ended at $305!!! "sobafett" ended up the "winner." i got in touch with the second-highest bidder--at $295--who now knows better than to overbid. I let him know that we weren't being a bunch of obnoxious (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NMRA show (the first of many?)

(...) You guys rocked based on the pictures I saw. I would caution you to be selective in what shows you accept going forward. I have no comment on the Hayward thing in particular, but in general, pick the shows that will get you and the hobby the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Self-Centering extended coupler

(...) Tricky design. Maybe I will adept it to some MOCs one day... Ben (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Self-Centering extended coupler

This came up a couple of days ago, but I finally came up with a design for a coupler that (1) is not connected to the trucks, (2) pivots to allow the cars to negotiate the curves, (3) centers itself when the car is being pushed, and (4) pivots to (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Re: eBay Outrageous prices!

(...) What I interpreted as a "scam" is another person in on the deal driving up the price for some unsuspecting person to bid on. You're right on sitting back and watching, all I did was point it out for other people to see it. You have to admit (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact