 Trains / 6814
6813  |  6815
Subject:
Self-Centering extended coupler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 04:18:50 GMT

This came up a couple of days ago, but I finally came up with a design
for a coupler that (1) is not connected to the trucks, (2) pivots to
allow the cars to negotiate the curves, (3) centers itself when the car
is being pushed, and (4) pivots to negotiate curves while the car is
being pushed backwards. The coupler could use some improvements, but the
basic design idea works.

I posted some pictures on my site

http://cmasi.chem.tulane.edu/~lego/trains/extended_coupler/extended_coupler.htm

Chris