 Trains / *6259 (-20)
  Re: Pictures up from NGLTC Memorial Day display

Congrats to that nice picture gallery! Allthough it took me some half hours to pass through all pictures I really enjoyed it! One suggestion for future galleries: maybe you could start with a small "best of" gallery to give a general impression on (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Controller speed

James, I don't know if it would be that simple since the voltage coming in is 9-12AC and then converted over to 9V DC. And the solution I used didn't cost me any money, and I always like those kind of solutions. ;) jt (...) Shack), (...) the (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Controller speed

(...) Just go out and get a 6V wall wart, or a variable wall wart (from Radio Shack), then run it at a apropriate setting...if the voltage input is limited, then the output will be too... James P (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: 4-8-8-4 Followup (98% Done)

(...) Heheh, Flying Dutchman of Lego trains, I like that. Thanks for the idea,It will now be called the "The Dutchman" (...) Heheh, I spent the entire Memorial Day Weekend on this, No breaks but lots of Beer! (...) Testing proved very successful. It (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.trains)

  New MOC Pics

After visiting Steve this past weekend (hello, GMLTC guys!), I finally have some pictures of some of my MOC's, mainly a German-prototype steam train. I've banged together a web page at (URL) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr) !

  Re: Pictures up from NGLTC Memorial Day display

That was the controller being used on the interactive kid track. Basically it was 6'x6' track that did a figure 8 and went up the mountain. The holes in the controller were put there by me so that I could regulate the max speed for the controller in (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: Pictures up from NGLTC Memorial Day display

(...) What are the holes in the controller? Are these new/old? (image 49) KL (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: 4-8-8-4 Followup (98% Done)

(...) I will admit the train does look a wee-bit odd without anyone running it = ) (the flying Dutchman of Lego Trains?) I spent alot of time coming (...) Hey when you get 98% of the design and construction done in 24-48 hours...you are way ahead of (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4-8-8-4 Followup (98% Done)

(...) I will admit the train does look a wee-bit odd without anyone running it = ) (the flying Dutchman of Lego Trains?) I spent alot of time coming (...) Hey when you get 98% of the design and construction done in24-48 hors...you are way ahead of (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cutting 12V track

Reporting my 'Cutting' experience: Thanks for the advice Wayne. I used a Dremel MultiPro variable speed rotary tool with a cut off wheel #540. Cutting through the metal worked great! The cutter sliced through it like a knife. I was careful to heed (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: To the guys from NGLTC

I think it was a clever trick. Kenny Rogers made that shed, so he'll have to give you the details. But I will say that no bricks were hurt (or cut) in the building of the layout (well none that I will admit to) jt Kevin Wilson wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures up from NGLTC Memorial Day display

OK... on the engine shed, how did you get the dormer roofs to blend in with the main roof when there are no concave corner low slopes? Didja cut lego bricks? Use Tyco? Hmmm? Or some reallllly clever trick? Kevin (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  To the guys from NGLTC

Hi Guys Nice setup, thanks for the great pics, got some good ideas for my setuip. Paul (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  BrickFest June 9 - 11, 2000 Washington DC, USA!!! Only two more weeks!!

posted to:lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.fun.gaming, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains fut: lugnet.org.us.wamalug What: (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  New wagon from Arne (Spielbude Germany)

Hello Just wanted ton share this picture with you guys, since i know you appreciate new stuff, it was built by Arne, owner of Spielbude here in Germany, some of you know him alreadfy. the wagon will go thru all Lego curves and points. hope you like (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures up from NGLTC Memorial Day display

I added names to the group picture on main page (URL) . More commentary to follow as time permits. jt P.S.. I thought the sunlight was pretty cool too, and I loved the blue skies. John Neal wrote in message <3933D8D6.1BD950BE@u...st.net>... (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GMLTC to Display at Kidvention in July

Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:392f74b4.255639...net.com... (...) Well, if this summer follows the old pattern of "June Gloom" (low clouds that burn off in the inland areas by noon but can hang around the beach 24hr, runs (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures up from NGLTC Memorial Day display

Hey James- Great pics! The natural sunlight looks great on the layout! Looking forward to seeing who is who;-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures up from NGLTC Memorial Day display

(...) (URL)In lugnet.trains, James J. Trobaugh writes: (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact