 Trains / *5177 (-10)
  Nice woosh!

Dan Boger of WAMALUG took this great "woosh" train photo! (URL) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

Well, this is turning-out to be a long thread so I think I'll add my 2 cents. I'm a big supporter of modular standards. But practically speaking, it isn't likely that Conan's GMLTC modules are going to be run with many other-standard modules in the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

I don't know that you can strip away the trucks, trailers and paying for stuff. Fact of the matter is that 65" works better for the trailer. I doubt that we will really have more of a problem with people wanting to attach to our layout than we will (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

OK, I think we're letting ourselves be worked up more than we should. I know it's true for me, I just had a rather heated offline exchange with John G, which is rather odd, he doesn't usually get excited, I must really be getting under his collar. (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: What is the largest lego steam engine ever built?

This is the BigBoy loco I have been working on and am nearly finished, exsept for 8 more wheels and a nother electric motor. (URL) this is a site that you can find real BigBoys. (URL) Andrew Reynolds Home: landrew@i1.net Work: (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NQC and RCX

(...) some (...) coal (...) than (...) Hey Larry, thanks for the reply. I think I'll work it as I did the big boy, having the driver set attached to the body the the loco with sliding translations points to allow some growth in turns. Using a pivot (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

John Gerlach <john.gerlach@bestbu...ospam.com> wrote in message news:FrvorK.DuA@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) transportation (...) Listen to this one: Rent a U-Haul. You can get them fairly cheap and only need them for the shows. Then you can take as (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: What is the largest lego steam engine ever built?

(...) 64 (...) of (...) pics (...) job (...) La (...) course (...) Hello Dan, I think that building the big boy into an 8-wide would be great example of why 8-wides should be considered. My big boy is 7-wide, boiler is 5-wide plus walking rails, and (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NQC and RCX

(...) It's funny to speak of a loco that had a lifetime of what, 4 years from acceptance trials to being scrapped, as having eras (!), but I get what you mean. I'd go with whatever is easiest to model, or if it's a tossup, as built. I think there (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NQC and RCX

(...) Well done Larry. The big boy I built accually is shorter than Dan's big boy, but it is because I scaled the real train schematics to lego grid paper and worked from there, scaling using the diameter of the driver to match the technic medium (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact