 Trains / *512 (-20)
  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

(...) YES PLEASE! This seems fodder for Matt Bates's site... this piece is used in only two sets and comes in two versions?? How fascinating. How often does THAT happen? (26 years ago, 4-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Alternative driver wheels - brit outline steamer

Try the 8277 supplied propellor housing, or the 4x4 round with 4 side studs?? I have used both of those to attach tank car domes, a similar problem. (...) PS, we need pictures. (26 years ago, 4-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <36B8BDBD.3A7CD23A@v...er.net>... (...) There are at least 2 variants of that piece. I can't remember the details off-hand, but I have 2 4563's one of which has one type, and the other the other type. The (...) (26 years ago, 4-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Alternative driver wheels - brit outline steamer

So I'm talking to myself. Better than nothing. Anyway, the chassis now has a body and it does run better. It's a Great Central Railway (Brit) class 1A 4-6-0, built in 1913-1915. It could also pass for a fair number of other GCR 4-6-0's since many of (...) (26 years ago, 4-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

(...) Whoa! Really. It's not done with a separate brick? Having two parts that large rather than one seems rather unlike TLG parts designer. I believe you but I have to go look at mine anyway, just to marvel! (26 years ago, 3-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

If one wanted to be anal about details, Lar, one would have to recognize that the cab front on the 4563 has a 2x4 notch in front to allow for the headlight cord to pass, whereas the 4551 does not, which would make them unique:) (...) (26 years ago, 3-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

(...) It's a bit of a misnomer, but it looks a lot like the SWISS railways loco which was nicknamed the Crocodile by the swiss, I guess because it was green and because it had long snouts. (...) Well, ALMOST unique pieces. :-) To build one, you'd (...) (26 years ago, 3-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Alternative driver wheels

Hi all I'm messing around with alternatives to the standard Lego train motor with its little wheels, since I'm into building steam engines (British outline). I have a 4-6-0 chassis running at the moment, close coupled to the standard motor as a (...) (26 years ago, 3-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Was "another unofficial LEGO site"

Some browsers are reading the period as part of the address; it is not. (...) (26 years ago, 1-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Was "another unofficial LEGO site"

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention and I used ALOT of bad filenames. Those have all (I hope) been fixed. I have also added more content too. The address is (URL) sorry for the errors before. Chris (26 years ago, 1-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Trains site

Thanks everyone. I am glad to see I have created such a response. I finally finished the site, and I will be posting the rest of it tomorrow morning. Nope, I only worked at Lego in '86 and '87. Sorry, I was a bit vague about the front window. There (...) (26 years ago, 1-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Items Sell

Refer to my message on lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade for details of numerous Train items for sale. The subject of the message is "Toy Shop Closing, All Items Reduced". Grahame Reid (26 years ago, 31-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The GONDOLA made By James Mathis

(...) same (...) James Mathis, here. The gondola may be seen at: (URL) gondola is no more. I dismantled it to build the following locomotive: German Federal Railways DB V140 (URL) the gondola and the DB V140 locomotive use two of the special 'cab' (...) (26 years ago, 31-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

  The GONDOLA made By James Mathis

Many time I see your web sito I think that is beautiful please do you have same instructions for building your GONDOLA. Francesco (26 years ago, 30-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

  R: same photos or same suggestions

I know that many of you have a beautiful diorama or layout , please send me same photo or something like this I wont have same new idea about my diorama. Tanks a lot in advance. Francesco (26 years ago, 30-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Formation of local train club

I certainly would like to see a Lego train club in Southern California. I go off to these county fairs in the Summer and see other train modelers put up large track layouts(not always) and wished I could do the same with Lego but I alone don't have (...) (26 years ago, 30-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

  RCX Train

I finally got my RCX built into a train last night (sorry, no pictures yet). Initially I didn't think it would fit, the darn thing is so big. But I got it to fit into a heavily modified version of the boxcar from 4563. To make it fit I had make the (...) (26 years ago, 29-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Trains site

Nice find Larry! The Trolley is really great. The support of the 3 stud wide front window is still a bit of a mystry. The creator says "The middle window is suspended by a connection to the light piece." I'm not sure what that means? I certainly (...) (26 years ago, 29-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

  New Trains site

check this site by Christoper Masi out. Pretty cool engines and a cute lift bridge: (URL) (26 years ago, 28-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact