 Trains / *4712 (-20)
  DCC and LEGO Trains

I have completed a draft explanation of how I implemented DCC into LEGO Trains. This is the system/technique that we used at the latest WWW.WAMALUG.ORG show. If anyone is interested, it can be found at: (URL) feel free to comment and criticize. It (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Apathy? (was: WAMALUG's GATS Layout was a huge success!)

On Thu, 2 Mar 2000 17:14:33 GMT Christopher Tracey <ctracey@wamalug.org> wrote concerning 'Re: Apathy? (was: WAMALUG's GATS Layout was a huge success!)': (...) I guess it's my job to take responsability for that one - I was driving the shunter (I (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Apathy? (was: WAMALUG's GATS Layout was a huge success!)

(...) Could you imagine the mess ten trains would have made? :) It was bad enough with three trains, four trains was crazy, and five was plain insane. We had some spectacular crashes, the scariest of which was Rich's shunter doing a full-speed (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Apathy? (was: WAMALUG's GATS Layout was a huge success!)

OK, now where's that website with all the info on how to build it? ;-) I hope you do a "DCC for Dummies", an EE I am NOT. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains)

I attempted to add some info to Chris' comments. "Christopher Tracey" <ctracey@wamalug.org> wrote in message news:38BE7C58.C2B336...lug.org... (...) drain (...) Technically we could have run 10 trains, but it only has 5 throttles, so you have to (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Apathy? (was: WAMALUG's GATS Layout was a huge success!)

I attempted to add some info to Chris' comments. "Christopher Tracey" <ctracey@wamalug.org> wrote in message news:38BE7C58.C2B336...lug.org... (...) drain (...) Technical we could have run 10 trains, but it only has 5 throttles, so you have to (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains)

  Bay-Window Caboose and a few other cars

Although I haven't put a web page up yet, I thought this group might enjoy a few pics of some recent train car creations bay window caboose. 3/4 view (3 URLs) may replace some of the side slope bricks with clear slopes to represent the forward/back (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Apathy? (was: WAMALUG's GATS Layout was a huge success!)

(...) Chris, I looked at your SD40-2 last week shortly after you announced it. I was busy at the time and couldn't write any comments. By the time I had the time to write comments, I couldn't view your page(1) and most everything I wanted to say (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: No LEGOFest...

Erik Olson wrote in message ... (...) I (...) couldn't move (...) always a (...) stores (...) store) (...) to do (...) when (...) I also visited the Construction site last year and I was thrilled to find that they carried the train sets. I also (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Tom Cook's web site url?

(...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Great Train Store - Chapter 11 (no Lego content)

While not about Lego trains specifically, it is about the Great Train Store, which has been the topic of some commentary as of late. According to this blurb on another toy site, they are filing for Chapter 11... (URL) Bryan (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GATS pictures (and MPGs!), first day

Author! Author! (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Tom Cook's web site url?

Anyone know? I want to keep tabs on it since he said he'd soon be putting up information on how he converted his Lego trains to DCC. -- Paul Davidson, aka Tinman www.theforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Star Wars www.filmforce.net | Your Daily Dose of (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Apathy? (was: WAMALUG's GATS Layout was a huge success!)

Jeff, Well, I am looking at the pictures now, I have been severely behind on e-mail, etc. From what I have seen so far, it is awesome, the big crane is mind-blowing. Great job everyone! Scott S. ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org)

  Apathy? (was: WAMALUG's GATS Layout was a huge success!)

Why has there been such apathy towards Wamalug's train shows? In the past month, there have been a total of nine messages from non-members about our setups. There has been absolutly no discussion, no critiques, and very little praise. Do you all (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org)

  Re: Replacement for old style train wheel rubber bands

(...) fine, and (...) it is (...) This seems to be the best idea. I have used shrink-wrap before on motorcycle wiring and used a rag soaked in boiling water to effect the shrink. This should not melt the Lego wheels but please note that Lego claim a (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Replacement for old style train wheel rubber bands

I'll say it again - good quality rubberized heatshrink tubing should work fine, and will lock down quite tightly if you find the right size. And if you use a lighter/heatgun carefully (or like me when I shrink the stuff, use a butane soldering iron (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train engine transmission

(...) I'd _love_ to see that engine...all you are hearing is the Turbocharger for the Diesel engine spooling up...which, is in effect, a turbine, but it is not powering the train :) The last Turbine powered engines were the UP's 8500HP monsters, and (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train engine transmission

(...) Yes, and there is more of a reason to it than that. It only takes getting the holes the right distance apart once, vs making gears. Another factor is the physical size of the connecting cardinal shaft required. For a "average" steam engine, (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train engine transmission

(...) Yes, there are several examples of Diesel-mechanical shunters (US=switchers) on which the only powered axle has no whells at all but is simple linked to the drive wheels via these rods Modern (...) You also see Diesel-Electric shunters with (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact