 Trains / *4572 (-10)
  Re: Toy vs Model...The real issue (was Re: Another 6wide/8wide ramble)

(...) Put me down in the exception column. I do models. Just not scale models. I don't design for play value, I design for evokation of a look within the imposed palette limitations. This may be semantics but I suspect most of us, across all genres, (...) (25 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Toy vs Model...The real issue (was Re: Another 6wide/8wide ramble)

(...) The problem with TLC is that they DO WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT. The old 12V trains were too complicated for younger children and needed much care. Thus, they were replaced by the easier-to-handle 9V ones. The trend continues; modern sets consist of (...) (25 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Toy vs Model...The real issue (was Re: Another 6wide/8wide ramble)

Ben Roller <broller@clemson.edu> wrote in message news:FqGGKz.C3G@lugnet.com... (...) attitude, (...) models, (...) needs (...) some (...) toys. (...) I say they should make what people want. If some people want 8 wide trains, then they should look (...) (25 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New Blue Train

In the hopes that I could get a fussion of something classic, and something modern, I've recreated #4561 with some new details. It should be compatible with the Metroliner, but I wont know until tomorrow. You can see a sneak peek on the brickshelf (...) (25 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Toy vs Model...The real issue (was Re: Another 6wide/8wide ramble)

(...) I think this point is key. 8 widers seem to think of Lego trains as models, where a majority of 6 widers (there are exceptions) see them as toys. My opinion is that 6 or 8 wide in your own collection is up to you, but Lego needs to keep making (...) (25 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New version of my steam engine

(...) Thank you for showing it to us! That looks good! Those wheels are completely original, and are a new use for that piece! Alan This message's random set is: 6902, (URL) (25 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New version of my steam engine

Greetings !! I modified my steam engine C62,today. It was a big modification and the train wheels are completely NEW !! Now it is equipped with a connecting rod and piston rod,with big three large wheels. Please come and see at: (URL) thank you (...) (25 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future of LEGO Trains?

(...) never (...) Not in NA. Only 2 voltages, plus the push trains in NA. 12V was _never_ available here from Lego Canada or Lego USA. The 12V was also concurent with the 4.5V, and most sets were availabe essencially the same (the 4.5V train was (...) (25 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Likeness of a Talgo: Shared monoaxle

(...) I have indeed seen Erik's tilting metroliner. Very nice! I credit him for showcasing the use of the Technic spring-bricks to me in his crocodile locomotive. Master creations from Mr. Brok. I love his work. later, James Mathis (25 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thinking of selling my entire 9V collection

Thanks Larry for pointing it out, i do need to sort myself out, but time can only do that. (...) Yes, please do state your offers clearly, For the other people that have been dealing with me and it does turn out what you think it does, I think Larry (...) (25 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact