 Trains / *4042 (-10)
  Re: Dirty Track

I recall that someone around here made a car that cleaned the rail as it went. If I remember correctly they mounted a piece of foam rubber to the last car of the train. It would clean the track on every pass. Does anyone else recall it or have the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BayLTC Logo finished

Steve, Thats funny you mention the "creative memories" die-cut cutters, my wife just got some the other day and I was already thinking of how I could use them for my trains.. ha! jt sebarile-MOBL wrote in message ... (...) would (...) -- James J. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Dirty Track

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Cliff Olson (<Fp15CB.FKJ@lugnet.com>) wrote at 05:16:59 (...) Model railway people use something like an eraser. IIRC, here in the UK they're called track cleaning rubbers. Judicious use of IPA on a cloth may be effective, but I (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Window Ideas (old and copied)

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Frank Filz (<Fp12zu.6rM@lugnet.com>) wrote at 04:25:34 (...) But surely, that would be a POOP :-) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Anyone want #7851?

I happened across this in the back of a small toyshop's Lego section some years ago, and just found it again in the closet. #7851 -- the 4.5v train set curved rails. Still in the box, some wear on the corners, but it's still sealed. (URL) only Lego (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Dirty Track

Does anyone have a way to keep that nasty black stuff from getting all over the rails of your layout? I just went through a whole box of kleenex getting my track clean again. And where exactly does that black stuff come from anyway? Cliff (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <3890E9D6.F2B5F3E0@v...er.net>... (...) that (...) Another way to handle the problem would be to add a column of 1x1 bricks on top of or below the windows. Now with 3 studs, you can use two Technic beams separated (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Window Ideas (old and copied)

(...) Yes. HOWEVER, the trick is to turn this piece sideways (so that the normal "back" is on the bottom), then put a plate on top. If you do that, the height is one brick, there is a stud AT THE BOTTOM EDGE of the face, and the stud is flush with (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: electromagnetic switcher engine

(...) I brought this idea up in lugnet.robotics a while ago. I'm interested in building an RCX controlled switch engine. The vague plans floating around in my head now involve cannibalizing a relay with the right specs to be driven by an RCX output (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BayLTC Logo finished

Cutting out carefully is a drag! And in our case an oval is a hard shape to cut nicely. I thought about a die-cut cutter. My wife has a ton of them for her "creative memories" stuff. I bet an oval is available, although this would dictate the size (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.publish)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact