 Trains / *352 (-10)
  Re: 1999 NL sets 4533, 4553, 4556, 4557

(...) Never mind, I found it. (URL) And the thing I thought was a set, I'm now assuming was a "you can build this from your LEGO sets!" type of insert. Interesting-looking swing bridge, I think. Steve (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thoughts on 1999 Train Sets

Matthew Bates wrote in message ... (...) Too bad it's isn't a sheared crossing, lik the DUPLO one. (...) it (...) set (...) DARK (...) They sure look dark grey in the catalog. Like the Res-Q base. Eric (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Train Scale

Chris- I too have pondered the scale dilemma. We all know that the given constraints of the pieces themselves are hopelessly out of proportion (bigger wheels, is anyone at TLG listening??). Even so, some pretty creative and realistic models have (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

  New Rural Station, New Freight cars

I finally got round to making a bit of room and posting some of the pics of some of my more recent work. If you surf my site, at the bottom of the buildings page you'll see my rural station. This blue/white station is intended to capture what a (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Trains

(...) You're right in that they probably won't simplify the building of them in the same way as the Town Jr sets but that's only because the train sets are inherently 8+ sets because they require the use of the AC adapter. I meant more that the (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1999 NL sets 4533, 4553, 4556, 4557

(...) It's interesting. There are a whole ton of rejected messages from a John Neal in the dead-articles file on the server -- none of them ever showed up in a newsgroup prior to Kurt's posting. The only way Kurt could have known about them is if (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains

(...) I don't think that's it. I think it's more that they want more "futuristic" looking trains. I really can't see that 4559, with some 800 pieces, has been juniorized. It just doesn't look like a real train. (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

  1999 sets and beyond

How can we encourage Lego to create some new sets that have some spunk to them? I really like the trains and would like to add onto my collection. I hesitate to add any of the new sets as they do not even fit in the general theme. Some person had (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Thoughts on 1999 Train Sets

Here's my opinion on the new sets (in descending order) 1. 4519 Cross track. Very cool. Really the only 99 set that is in the same league as the original 1991 train sets. A Must Buy 2. 4557 Container Crane. Nice set, with almost no Town Jr (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Jr?

(...) I think it's a small black technic wheel with black rubber tread. (...) No, I think it's because it includes 9V track pieces which are considered as electrical parts of the 9V train system. This makes it incompatible with previous train (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact