 Trains / *3487 (-20)
  Design wanted: Touch sensor for passing trains

I'm using Mindstorms to control Lego trains. Does anyone have a design for using a touch sensor to detect a train passing? My intuition is that the touch sensor could be more reliable than the light sensor (plus I have two touch sensors and only one (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Website update - town, trains, Legoland Windsor pics

After a good deal of delay I have completed updating my site: (URL) pictures of a trip to Legoland Windsor this summer: (URL) of my recently completed (and then torn down) town layout: (URL) few train pics: (URL) school Technic class pics: (URL) you (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.legoland.windsor, lugnet.general)

  Re: Boston Transit Fun

(...) The best place I can suggest for anyone in the Toronto, Ont area to visit for ideas of light rail equipment is the Halton County Radial Museum, near Rockwood, Ont. First rate, they have lots of ex-TTC stuff, including #4000, the first Toronto (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Boston Transit Fun

Over the holidays, I did my usual spend a day shopping in Boston, and did some transit riding. I wish I had brought along my camera though. One station which is very much worth a visit with a camera is Boylston on the Green Line. There is some MOW (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Track Plan Repository

Hey all, Using Matt Bates' Track Designer at (URL) possible to come up with all sorts of track plans. Has anyone formed a repository to collect such plans so you can see what others have created? Is this something Perhaps Lugnet or some other (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Pasenger cars

Hi, I posted some pictures of my new passenger cars on my home page. Two (equal ones) are in white/red/blue (idee from our Belgian railroad) and one in green (old style passenger car) witch uses the small clear blue windows from the 4560/4561 set. (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hiawatha

(...) Better than most of your work and almost all the way up to Mediocre? (1) 1 - that's not one word but hey, neither is "looking like..." (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hiawatha

(...) "Better than 8-wide"? <kidding!> Artistic? Curvaceous? Streamlined? Looking like it's moving 100mph even when it's standing still? John1, GMLTC (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 Wide Train Pics

(...) Trouble? It's free, right? What's the trouble - downloading and installing it? In my experience Virtual PC runs about as fast as a PC of half the clock speed of the Mac running it, so you'll be running it about as well as a 150-166 Pentium. (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: 8 Wide Train Pics

Hi Jim, My PB is a 1400 with a G3 upgrade running at 216 MHz. The video of a PB 1400 is notoriously slow. So, using it on a G3 300 should work a lot better. I only draw when I feel like moving slowly and relaxing; otherwise being forced to work that (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: 8 Wide Train Pics

(...) have (...) program, but I (...) MLCAD (...) PC you (...) top (...) three (...) The (...) going if (...) but it (...) figure (...) drawn 1 (...) but (...) parts (...) I was thinking of getting MLCAD to use on a G3 300 with Virtual PC (Win 98). (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: new site: Christmas Train, club car, hopper

Very nice, I especially liked your elves. I never would have thought of using my Forestmen as elves, but now I do not have to. You thought of it for me! Thanks, Chris (...) (25 years ago, 26-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 Wide Train Pics

John, I may be guilty of being vague AGAIN. Yes, you can run it on a Mac if you have Virtual PC. I bought Virtual PC so I could run an IR Spectrophotometry program, but I can use Virtual PC to run MLCAD. Yes, it does use the ldraw parts; infact, (...) (25 years ago, 26-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

-- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) wooster" <skw@io.com> wrote in message news:3865A219.12FB@io.com... (...) I didn't see the stowaway untill I looked at the hobo picture. Hello, Timmy! (...) (25 years ago, 26-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new site: Christmas Train, club car, hopper

(...) Thanks. I am really happy with the way they turned out. And happy to give credit where it's due. I am in awe of some of the designs I have seen referenced in the ng, and elsewhere. Plenty of ideas to choose from for inspiration. I think I will (...) (25 years ago, 26-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new site: Christmas Train, club car, hopper

You're quite welcome. We had a lot of fun putting it together. Did you catch the stowaway under the box car? (We keep running into this Timmy character...) Play Well. Steve skw@io.com (...) (25 years ago, 26-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new site: Christmas Train, club car, hopper

(...) As I said on RTL: those are nice hoppers and I appreciate that you credited me for the inspiration... ++Lar (25 years ago, 26-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Holidays, WHISTLES, new train accessory needed (was - Re: 8 Wide Train Pics)

(...) couldn't (...) the (...) Maybe it wouldn't hafta be built into the motor shell necessarily. For those folks like me who are more timid about brick surgery, all tronics needed could be stuck inside the engine body itself. Another thing that (...) (25 years ago, 26-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

Great site Steve. The Christmas train is super. I really enjoyed the box cars with the hobos. Thanks for the opportunity to view your work. -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) wooster" <skw@io.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 26-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  new site: Christmas Train, club car, hopper

Hi. Happy Holidays! I just put up our new web page. We have a variety of Lego related creations to view: Train cars: Club Cars (44 L) and Two Bay Hoppers (30 L) A Christmas Train - complete w/ Santa and the elves - no reindeer, though. Misc. freight (...) (25 years ago, 25-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact