 Trains / *3452 (-20)
  8 Wide Train Pics

Hello All: Not having my web site "8 Wide Utopia" up yet, Paul Foster of the GMLUG was kind enough to post some photos of some of my train cars on the GMLUG site. So stop on by and see what the fuss over 8 wides is all about;-) Go to: (URL) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: RCX onboard timer and motor pulsing

(...) The timers run at 1/10 sec, but granularity for "waiting" a task is 1/100 sec. The PWM used for motor output has granularity of 1/1000 sec. Dave Baum p.s. I hope it wasn't my book that stated 1/10 and 1/1000 - if so could you e-mail me the (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX onboard timer and motor pulsing

(...) It is 1/10 of a second for the timers. However, in case you don't know. The RCX's Motor ports PULSE their signal. They always put out the same voltage. At level 8 it's 100% at level 4 it's an even on/off. I use it for my trains and it's great. (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Longest train?

(...) I -know- that the train would not make it with HEP only through a curve like that. My upper level is a straight oval, about 25 straights each side. The figures I have seen seem to indicate that a 10 Degree curve has as much drag added as a .3 (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  RCX onboard timer and motor pulsing

Hi All, Since I am and train head I don't read .RCX (this topic might be well exhausted) I just read thru a third party book on the RCX and in one place he said the timer granularity in 1/10 sec and in another it was 1/1000 sec. My goal is to pulse (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Site down for the day

My site, will be down for the day on 12/23. Repairs are being made on our electrical systems and the power will be going on and off all day. Sorry, Chris (URL) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Longest train?

My experience tells me the bigggest factor limiting the length of the train is the number of curves you have and their configuration. Take you same 71 car train and try to drive it through a double s-curve. That is 8 curves one way, then 8 the (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NMRA San Jose in Y2K

(...) I agree. We should start planning immediately. (...) Since I don't have the time or money to build my own modules, I'm willing to help out a few weekends building them. Russell (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains)

  Re: NMRA San Jose in Y2K

I'm in for helping, Mike, but I'll have to deflect until I get back from the UK at the start of February. Let's do some planning at the next BAYLUG meeting about this.... I'm willing to drive 2 or 3 others down to Fresno for a some weekends of (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Simple electrical question

(...) (total is 6 amps for your aplication) That is good enough for what they want James Powell (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Simple electrical question

I am doing a train show in the UK and have been asked by the organisers to answer some questions on the power supply. Output : Voltage ? Max current ? I plan to have three controllers, what are the answers please. Thanks, David (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Web Hosting Questions?

PNLTC is hosted by a local web hosting service for free in exchange for their name and URL on our site and we also add their name to our flyers handed out at shows. I hooked up with them by searching for local hosting service (on yahoo) and just (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Web Hosting Questions?

(...) Not sure yet. I'm in the process of getting it set up myself, so the answer might be "me" in a couple of weeks, but I'm really busy with holiday goings-on right now. I know that joker.com in Germany offers registrations for about USD 18/year, (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Web Hosting Questions?

Can you provide a pointer to someone that is using this to provide registration. While I (quoting from the splash page) have "sufficient development skills" to write an interface, I don't have the time. I'd rather buy names from someone that has. (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Web Hosting Questions?

(...) Domain names don't necessarily cost that much anymore. Check out <URL:(URL) for $13/year domain registrations. (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New site for the NGLTC

Robin, It looks like Tallahassee is about 6 hours from New Orleans. I bet that is the closest you will get to New Orleans. When is the GATS show? Maybe I can meet you there? I do not have a layout, but I have some rolling stock that I would love to (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GATS Tampa Show...

(...) thing is huge! Working on a 6 wide scale I have not been able to produce a complete train--I am getting close-- and I cannot imagine buying enough bricks to work at the 8 wide level. Not yet at least. Then again I cannot imagine having enough (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Longest train?

(...) snip (...) Ah, I was being vague again. The trains to which I was refering were regular freight trains not coal trains. snip (...) Why 'space'? Is it because your trains become 'rockets' if you send more than 10 cars and 3 engines down at once (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Web Hosting Questions?

Robin, The NGLTC is using www.truehosting.com for only $9.99 a month, that includes 50 meg, plus 10 email alias, and some other regular goodies. jt Robin Werner wrote in message ... (...) cost (...) maybe (...) best (...) pop-up (...) time (...) and (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Web Hosting Questions?

(...) NELUG is hosted by pair Networks ( www.pair.com ). We have an Advanced account which goes for $16.95 per month plus setup fees. You get 60 Meg of space plus other features including a POP mail account. To see a listing of all their services (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact