 Trains / *31830 (-20)
  Re: RC/9v Train Wheel Question

(...) Tony, I used white to match the trucks on the real Schnabel car. Bruce (17 years ago, 19-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: RC/9v Train Wheel Question

(...) Thanks for the info, Bruce! That really helps me out a lot. I actually was just looking at your Schnabel Car truck design before you posted, since you used what I think is light grey. Actually it's the only non-all black brick built truck (...) (17 years ago, 19-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: London Underground Standard Tube Stock

(...) [...] (...) Well done. I really like the way you did the doors. Chris (17 years ago, 18-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.underground)

  Re: Scott Wardlaw's GE Dash 9 in Union Pacific Trim

(...) Thanks Jordan! Sorry for the late reply. I have been extremely busy lately. The three axle trucks are designed to handle the curves. The third axle floats left and right. I have used this design on several of my trains; running them through (...) (17 years ago, 18-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: RC/9v Train Wheel Question

(...) snip (...) Tony, I used 36 9volt train wheels to make my Schnabel Car. (URL) was left with 36 wheel housings that I could not think of a use for. Then I remembered that pick a brick on Shop at Home had the RC train wheels and axles for sale so (...) (17 years ago, 18-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need Electrical Help

Yes Thank you very much. This is a big help I am electrically challenged in circuits. I am trying a Microwave switch to power a train signal and track for a manually movable bridge. I will try to post it later L. Andrew Reynolds (17 years ago, 17-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: London Underground Standard Tube Stock

(...) Sock! LOL Thanks for your comments. If you look at the pic below you should be able to see the skirting (far left of pic, with a motor wheel visible under by its metallic shine). (URL) Ta, David (17 years ago, 17-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.underground, FTX)

  RC/9v Train Wheel Question

I'm currently designing a set of passenger cars, and it could be very beneficial to me to be able to have my train base one plate lower than one would normally be able to have using the standard LEGO wheels. This would, of course, lead me to using (...) (17 years ago, 17-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: London Underground Standard Tube Stock

(...) David: Nice work! I love the general shape of those cars and the use of the smaller train wheels is spot-on. One question. You mentioned the motor in the actual cars being hidden beneath a skirt. Is this true on your model as well? Do these (...) (17 years ago, 17-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.underground, FTX)

  Re: Need Electrical Help

"L. Andrew Reynolds" <andrew_reynolds@uhc.com> wrote in message news:JMvuv7.AF2@lugnet.com... (...) Typically, most LEDs have a mA rating of around 20mA. Let's assume this is the case for yours as well. I have seen some 1.5v LEDs so I 'm taking (...) (17 years ago, 17-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Impact of LTCs (Re: The Official "Issues List")

"Elroy Davis" <edavis@vermontcount...store.com> wrote in message news:JLzvDn.Cqp@lugnet.com... [snip] (...) One way to allow for "non-train" interests in a train display is to dedicate layout space to other Lego themes. One of our shows (RichLUG) a (...) (17 years ago, 11-Aug-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, lugnet.trains)

  London Underground Standard Tube Stock

This is my most recent tube train. I haven't had much time to build recently so I've been putting more stuff online. The Standard tube stock dates back to the 1920s. It was a series of tube stocks which were designed to be cross-compatable. The (...) (17 years ago, 16-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.underground, FTX) !

  Re: Need Electrical Help

(...) dropdown resistance = (supply voltage - required voltage) / required current (in Amps) (17 years ago, 16-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need Electrical Help

(...) Ideally, we'd need to know the current for the light you want to run. Even then,I can't remember the exact formula, but this page should help: (URL) :) (17 years ago, 16-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Need Electrical Help

I am trying to setup some LED lights to run from the 9v track or a 9v battery pack for some train signals. I have 1.5v lights and the track is 9v (obviously) how can I step down the voltage. Any help would be great. (17 years ago, 16-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains)

  VicLUG @ Local Train Show

VICTORIA MODEL RAILWAY SHOW (NMRA - Pacific Northwest Region) September 16, 2007 (Sunday), 10 am - 5 pm, Cedar Hill Rec Centre We will have a display of LEGO trains and the adjacent cityscape. An admission fee will be charged for the event which is (...) (17 years ago, 16-Aug-07, to lugnet.org.ca.viclug, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Spotters

(...) MOOOOOOOON RIVER! ===...=== (enema) JOHN (17 years ago, 16-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Version 5 Mindstorm Gantry Crane

(...) Sure Brian, but your email address above just bounced. Send me an email and I'll reply to that. (17 years ago, 16-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Spotters

14In lugnet.trains, Rob Hendrix wrote: <SNIP> (...) So much to like about your reply Rob, so glad you took the time, but still too busy to use the delete key? Hack and Slash, well no, but I did enjoy administering the powerdrill enima Tennis? You (...) (17 years ago, 16-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Version 5 Mindstorm Gantry Crane

(...) Right on! I love the idea! I need to share a sequence with you from our train lay-out. Still working on getting the video uploaded. Can you supply a picture? of the coil, etc? Brian (17 years ago, 15-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact