 Trains / *30700 (-20)
  Great Edmonton Train Show 2006

Slightly belated, here are pictures of the Northern Alberta Lug's display at the annual train show in Edmonton Alberta Canada. The show was held this year on the weekend of 16/17 September at the Mayfeild Trade Center. The venue has terrible (...) (18 years ago, 1-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward

(...) Lewis- Having also seen the original at the museum, I can say it's a wonder to behold. And so is your LEGO rendition! -Ted Michon SCLTC (18 years ago, 31-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward

In lugnet.trains, Lewis Valentine wrote: <snip> (...) Very nice. Certainly an eye catcher on any layout. And yes, I like your detailing on the cab - you did a good job of pulling out the squareness and putting in the smooth corners that is always a (...) (18 years ago, 31-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward

(...) Thanks for the comments. Yes, I don't really like the gaps too much either, but i do like it more than some of the other techniques i have used and seen in the past. I like how the tender appears more round than using slopes and the like. For (...) (18 years ago, 30-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward

(...) Since you did not do this by intention, there is no need for an excuse, Lewis. Thank you for your appreciation and the time you had to spend on over-working the pictures and uploading them again. I simply have the hope that others may follow (...) (18 years ago, 30-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward

(...) Sorry Ben (and to everyone else) To tell you te truth i did not think much of the resolution. I used to take all my pictures on a simple point and shoot camera, and thus did not have to do any resizing. We just got a new camera (Nikon D50for (...) (18 years ago, 30-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward

(...) Dear Lewis, the picture you have presented here is very promising and I would like to have a closer view into the design features. But when I try to have a look at your brickshelf pictures, I see these are all photographed in utterly high (...) (18 years ago, 30-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward

(...) Guess you missed this one then ;) (URL) ROSCO (18 years ago, 30-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward

Not really got time to look at it now, but I will tomorrow. Looks good tho, I'm suprised I've not seen a cab-forward in Lego before, from the other side of the pond it has always been an iconic US steamer, along with the Big-boy Tim (18 years ago, 30-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  4-8-8-2 Cab Forward

(2 URLs) Brickshelf (when modded)>. Here is my latest. It is a 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward. It is not modeled completely from a single train. But the most influential is the cab-forward(4294) that resides at California State Railroad Museum in Sacramento. I (...) (18 years ago, 29-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

  Re: Berlin tram - class GT6N

(...) Hi Mattias, Thanks. Here's the (URL) MPD>. Hopefully it all works out as it is in the CAD. It will give you a warning as it loads but just let it keep loading and it will be fine. MLCad can't understand its own meta-commands... Tim (18 years ago, 29-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Berlin tram - class GT6N

(...) Hi Tim Great work again! I am happy to see trams being built as I live in a town full of trolleys. For the moment I am collecting reference material and medium blue parts in order to model some myself. Is it possible that you will publish the (...) (18 years ago, 29-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Berlin tram - class GT6N

(4 URLs) BS> (when modded) (URL) Flickr> Hi all, Decided to have a play at with trams. This one is an (URL) ADtranz low floor> in Berlin city livery (class GT6N). The most challenging element of this was to incorporate the wheelsets properly given (...) (18 years ago, 28-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Winter Tree

(URL) All in all it uses 31 green large leaves and 64 white large leaves. I'm rather please that, though I didn't use any small leaves, I was still able to get a conifer-like shape. If you'd like to know why I used green to begin with, I did it for (...) (18 years ago, 27-Dec-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  'Train Roof 6 x 6 Double Slope 45 / Slope 33' in White!

From the 2007 catalog scans on 1000 Steine, it looks like the 'Train Roof 6 x 6 Double Slope 45 / Slope 33' (2876) will be available in white. It has previously appeared in black and grey (new and old). For those of you who stocked up on the 4561 (...) (18 years ago, 27-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Missing R/C Trains on Lego.com and AFOL "Dream Train Set"

"Jordan Schwarz" <jbschwarz@ThisIsRea...gmail.com> wrote in message news:JAx377.Ep0@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) [ ... snipped ... ] The set is supposed to cost about $100. It doesn't contain a motor (it will need to be purchased (...) (18 years ago, 27-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question for you knowledgeable Train-heads

(...) This reminds me of the modeling dilemma I faced when I first started building Thomas characters in LEGO-- do I model the prototype upon which the character was based, or do I try and faithfully model the character itself? I ended up deciding (...) (18 years ago, 27-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Question for you knowledgeable Train-heads

(...) Exactly. Who now knows that Annie and Clarabel are bogie coaches? Tim (18 years ago, 27-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Missing R/C Trains on Lego.com and AFOL "Dream Train Set"

(...) ::snip:: (...) Clifton, You're right that battery trains are "missing" from the menus on the trains page at LEGO at the time being, though this seems to be little more than a website glitch. Right now, the items are out of stock, as were many (...) (18 years ago, 27-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Question for you knowledgeable Train-heads

(...) I'd heard that "Ring a Ring of Roses" referred to the markings produced by bubonic plague :-) (...) The original books were based firmly on various railways in the UK (my daughter was ecstatic when we visited the Talyllyn Railway in 1991 and (...) (18 years ago, 27-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact