 Trains / *29070 (-20)
  Re: New train? (set 7898 from 2006)

(...) I believe in 2006, the new trains will be Remote Control and not have metal rails, as discussed / announced at Brickfest. I like the new passenger train design. (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.parts)

  Re: Spybotic control of train speed regulator

(...) I own several spybot moduals, and I've thought of controlling points with them. I've also seen clubs use remotes to control a kill switch. Enstead of the light, could you use the touch sensor for both controllers? Press once to address the (...) (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Spybotic control of train speed regulator

(...) Some basics of the design: Two throttles controlled by one Spybotics (left and right controlls on remote) Rubberband tension should be such that they slip rather than tearing it apart. Using NQC, internal program allows control of both (...) (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: a town structure contest!! extended to april 5th!!

(...) I am extending the contest to April 5th! This will allow additional people to participate and will give me a chance to get settled with a new job before judging starts. This will also let people use there moc's for an April fools joke if need (...) (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: Harold Flies! Worship my Photoshop Skilz!

(...) Oh, yeah, check that out! I'm pretty Duplo ignorant, but it was fun building with big legos! I dig'em:-) JOHN (19 years ago, 2-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Re: Harold Flies! Worship my Photoshop Skilz!

(...) No comment ;) (...) That's a very neat mod, well done! (...) Well (URL) that element> isn't really new, but the Cranky set looks pretty cool too. I think some of my friends' kids might be getting those sets when we finally see them here. ROSCO (19 years ago, 2-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Re: Harold Flies! Worship my Photoshop Skilz!

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote: Ehh, sorry, forgot to link to the (URL) folder> (for those who aren't savvy enough to know to "click up":-) And YES, I built (URL) this> all by myself.... JOHN (19 years ago, 2-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Harold Flies! Worship my Photoshop Skilz!

(URL) Okay, okay, my Photoshop skilz rule Monaco, but that's about it. Actually, there is a little more to the story.... We at the TCLTC have a Thomas the Tank Engine area of our layout, and so when we found out that there were going to be a few new (...) (19 years ago, 2-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

"Philippe "frogleap" Label" <frogleap_@_wanadoo_._fr> wrote in message news:Iu0y0o.I42@lugnet.com... (...) My guess: Emergency Stop? Neat design either way. Thanks for showing. The author should speak up! -Rob www.brickmodder.net (19 years ago, 1-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spybotic control of train speed regulator

(...) This was designed by Tom and used during the WAMALTC meeting on January 21, 2006. I have posted a message to the Yahoo group and I am hoping that Tom is checking his e-mail. Using this design permits the remote control operation of two trains (...) (19 years ago, 2-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Spybotic control of train speed regulator

Hello all, Lets put in front what I find a smart improvement of the basic (soon old) train 9V speed regulator. (URL) This is a picture that arrived very recently on brickshelf showing how to adapt a spybotic to control at distance a 9V train speed (...) (19 years ago, 1-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  LEGO trains are now listed under LEGO City theme on S@H

Some LEGO trains are now listed under "LEGO City" theme on S@H. They are still listed under "Trains" as well. (URL) Not all train items, but some. Perhaps this is to get ready for the new 2006 trains. Mat (19 years ago, 1-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yet more pics of new trains

(...) The new points set also contains 4 curves as opposed to the 2 in the 9V set. (The points set also has the same 2 x left hand photo error) Tim (19 years ago, 1-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2006)

  Re: Yet more pics of new trains

(...) That only makes eighteen. I believe Rosco is referring to the other two to make twenty. Tim (19 years ago, 1-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2006)

  Re: Yet more pics of new trains

(...) the 2 extra curves would be the normal curves that go with points (a normal packet of points contains 1 x left, 1 x right and 2 x curves) (19 years ago, 1-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2006)

  Re: Yet more pics of new trains

(...) I'm thinking that's a mistake - if you look closely it says 20x curve and 8x straight, and 1x for each of the points. I would think it would just say 2x and have 1 pic if they were the same. Can't think what the 2 extra curves might be for (...) (19 years ago, 1-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2006, FTX)

  Re: Yet more pics of new trains

(...) well hopefully that was just a mistake by the graphic artist. anything is possible though. ondrew (...) (19 years ago, 1-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2006, FTX)

  Re: Yet more pics of new trains

(...) I'm liking the set design too, but I'm not certain about the inclusion of two left hand points/turnouts ! Tim (19 years ago, 31-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2006, FTX)

  MINI LEGO Event in San Diego, CA March 3rd to 5th

Sorry for the short notice. I've been asked by a local Science Fiction/gaming convention to organize a LEGO room for the con. Sort of a mini LEGO convention. The Convention is "Condor XIII" (URL) March 3rd-5th. Just over a month from now. There'll (...) (19 years ago, 31-Jan-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.gaming.brikwars, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Upsidedown

I wanted to try something different, so I build a train upsidedown: (URL) Only the motor in the engine is upsideup, the body of the engine and the complete cars are upsidedown. Some more pictures can be seen at the bottom of the next folder: (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 31-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact