 Trains / *28085 (-20)
  Re: Lego Train Factory - "preliminary wagon design"

Found it via the Eurobricks forum. Remote baseplate sensor (URL) wagon (URL) track (URL) do like the color schemes shown in the baseplate sensor and wagon shots. -- Bryan "Bryan Kinkel" <helpdesk@loseyourmind.com> wrote in message (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: An idea concerning the new RC trains and a new RCX

(...) Well, the term was not my idea, several people in this very newsgroup invented this more or less simultaneously, and, as the new gauge is designed to be chaeper than the other gauge, they are not totally wrong, are they? (...) That would be (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: An idea concerning the new RC trains and a new RCX

(...) Depends. Infrared is very tricky for mobile systems, and a train out of sight (behind houses, in a hunnel) is dead meat in tems of infrared communication... A simple (still reliable!) Bluetooth system should be in the same price range as a (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: An idea concerning the new RC trains and a new RCX

(...) Well - I am not thrilled with your references to the train as "el cheapo". Lego is a company that has to make money (the whole point of a company). They are making new trains in a direction that will make the train more affordable to a larger (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: An idea concerning the new RC trains and a new RCX

(...) That might be a little expensive to put in a system that's supposed to reduce the entry price! Still, an auxiliary output on the remote control train motor (for lights, horn or extra motor-driven uncoupler) would be a great gift to train (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  An idea concerning the new RC trains and a new RCX

Hi, all, I know this might just be a shot in the blue sky, but anyway: Lego is most propably working on a new RCX system. At the Legofan site, there is a discussion about things that should be in a new RCX, and someone mentioned Bluetooth as a (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  conductive Plastic track

I was wondering if I could modify the new plastic track for use with the 9v train motors. As an experiment, I ran some adhesive backed metal tape on some of my old style plastic track. The tape(foil) is for stained glass, and is copper with a tin (...) (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) What make the most sense to me is... Conducting L-gauge track and non-conducting L-gauge track Chris (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) I'd say 'L-Gauge' defines the spacing of the track. If you want to distinguish between metal or plastic track then use some other terminology. Don't confuse the issue when some people have just started making headway into traditional model (...) (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) I agree with you, and I think it will look more "classic". The vast majority of my track is already plastic for the old battery train and this is the only one I run at my house. Electrified track is for the girls who like to see how much juice (...) (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) My thoughts are since both the metal rail and plastic rail are nearly identical other than the conducting rails that they are both deserving of being called L-gauge. However since there could be some confusion I would suggest adding the words (...) (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) Here's one idea... Origin'L' for metal tracked model trains and 'L'Cheapo for the plastic tracked play trains. -Patrick (19 years ago, 21-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: QR2837 - Another Aussie trains

Hi Ross, Link away! We almost had three up here at once but this one will push out the Ghan. Check out this Qld Tilt Train too: (URL) (not mine). Tim (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: QR2837 - Another Aussie trains

(...) Hi Tim, that's another nice loco. If you like, I'll link your stuff from (URL) my Aussie trains page>? ROSCO (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: QR2837 - Another Aussie trains

(...) Tim You are one smart and fantastic designer and should be working for Lego. Many thanks for the credits but it all goes to you in your designing I am always happy to give you the inspiration. (...) It looks Fabulous and the chain link fence (...) (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  QR2837 - Another Aussie trains

Hi all, Continuing my Australian train building and rendering I present QR 2837 in the new QR National livery. Special thanks goes to Peter Parsons for sending me loads of pics and putting me onto it in the first place. (URL) The gallery (when (...) (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: All plastic track

(...) I'm eager to see it too. Being able to put a remote controlled battery train on the same track as a 9V one sounds like fun. Though not if Jon Reynolds is doing it... I think best would be an IR start/stop control, so that the train keeps (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: EMD F7 Mt. Newman Mining Company

(...) Hi Beat, While I don't have any pictures if you search for Peter Parsons in .loc.au you might ask him. He actually works for the Qld state railway and has a great deal of knowledge. And I agree that the Ghan needs cars. They may yet come... (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: EMD F7 Mt. Newman Mining Company

(...) Beat, great work, you entered "trains" with a splash. You also picked an engine I really like, the F3/F7s. I'm reworking the design for the Super Cheif, and hope to post it soon. Adding detail and a recolor as well. Mat (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) Actually, hacking the rails to electrically insulate the track only requires sandwiching a tiny slip of paper in between the two sections you want isolated from each other. Tear away the excess, and mark the spot with a red plate (so you can (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact