 Trains / *2752 (-20)
  Re: 128 stud truss bridge (ldraw)

(...) I added them last night, andput it in a scene. darn povray takin to long to render. started at 1000 last night. its 1100 morning. still parsing. file to big. ive added a povray render of the bridge onlyat my main lego page (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: No trains in 2000!!!!!!

(...) Calm down Tobias! There is a train in teh 2000 catalog Kevin scanned, it's the 4561. All the rest of the train line is in the "Lego Direct" leaflet that he also scanned. All that means is that TLG sells only the 4561 in stores in No America, (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  No trains in 2000!!!!!!

Aaargh, just when I want to build my own town I see that there´s no trains in the 2000 catalogue! Stupid TLG, discontinue the trains when I want them so baad! Now I´ll have to buy them in auctions and stuff. I´d better buy a *lot* of track and all (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 128 stud truss bridge (ldraw)

Cool! Needs diagonal bracing, though, or it will collapse under its own weight before a train actually even gets to it. (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Why Did Lego Switch to 9V?

(...) K. I'll add what I know about it here. Lego went towards 9V starting with the light and sound modules. (I think they were introduced in 1987 or 8). The trains (european) had push, 4.5V battery, and 12 volt controls available, whereas here we (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Why Did Lego Switch to 9V?

Ok Peoples, This is one question that i've never really seen addressed anywhere. We all know lego swtiched from 12V to 9V in the early 90's..but why? If using the rails to conduct energy is the reason, they could've stuck to using 12V on rails. Was (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  128 stud truss bridge (ldraw)

its humble beginings. 4 sub part assemblies,within those 4, are the deck, the side trusses, and still to add, the pillars, and diagonal trusses! i just got the idea, an started buildin. sometime imgoing to zip it up andput it in my site. this thing (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego train club for the Saint Louis area?

(...) I live in Paducah, Kentucky which is about 2-3 hours away from St.Louis. I would definitely be interested in forming a train group in this part of the world. I've been hoping something would form around here for a long time. John Warren (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego train club for the Saint Louis area?

(...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference

I will be away from a computer for 2 weeks so you won't hear much from me. I really think all of the comments are great and we'll have some sort of vote set up on where... when I return. Hang in there... SteveB SEBarile wrote in message ... (...) me (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Ponte Vecchio - Elevated Road Bridge Over Rail

(...) Looking at some pictures, it sure seems that Il Ponte Vecchio rests on pilings. I found (URL) to have some nice drawings. Ours here in Kew Gardens hasn't got any arches. My book says there are several more in the U.S. but the author does not (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: No GATS Show for the GFLTC...

I'm stunned! Our (GMLTC) layout is the hit of the GATS every year (we have the ribbons to prove it). They should be begging y'all to show at their crummy exhibit. Perhaps after our show this weekend (I just got home from setting up), we should fire (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: No GATS Show for the GFLTC...

Robin, I would call them just before the show, I have found that they get a lot of cancellations the week of the show. Just today I was setting up for the Atlanta GATS and one really large exhibitor backed out, so I quickly took their good spot on (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  No GATS Show for the GFLTC...

Hi all, I just checked the mail and got a letter from GATS. The states the following: ---...--- Dear Robin, We have finished the process of drawing the floor plan for the upcoming Tampa Great American Train Show on December 18 & 19, 1999. As you are (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Curved Bridge Prototype Built

In lugnet.trains, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes: . (...) I'm sorry I don't have any pictures taken yet, but, I have connected straight sections on either end since it's construction. It does appear to hold rather well. (...) I will, trust me. And, I (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Curved Bridge Prototype Built

Adrian Egli: (...) Looks good. What about stability? It looks like there could be some problems unless there is a firm connection to some straight sections of bridge. (...) and a short description? I would like to add it to my bridge page. Play (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference

Steve Barile: (...) If you mean the "International" part in the title seriously, I would count Billund (and possibly Windsor and Carlsbad) as the obvious locations. (...) I can come these dates - possibly even if it is in the USA. (...) Cool. (...) (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Ponte Vecchio - Elevated Road Bridge Over Rail

(...) <nitpick> Ponte Vecchio is in Florence, not Venice.... the one in Venice which has shops all over it is the Rialto - see pic: (URL) Great idea though Eric. Post pictures when you're done! Kevin (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference

(...) What a great idea! In terms of locations my first vote would go for Carlsbad as many people could combine their pilgrimmage to the Park with this great conference idea. Otherwise I'd say that Kansas City is a bit more centrally located (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference

(...) I'd have to agree about the central location. Have you thought about Indianapolis as the site? Granted, I'm rather biased, but it is centrally located and 7 interstate routes run out from it (I65NS, I70EW, I74EW, I69N). It has an international (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact