 Trains / *2447 (-10)
  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

(...) One thing you could get, I don't know what else you might need, but Mario Ferrari posted me a list of old service packs available from LEGO in Italy. One of them is 5040 Monorail 9v Motor for Space Track. (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

(...) However, given that I am not concerned about actually possessing one of the boxed sets, just want to build a monorail, could I use this accessory set to start building a monorail of my own invention? Say buy a couple of track sets, use a 9volt (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

Check out the picture on Huw Millington's promotional site: (URL) up 1831, of course). The truck's a beauty, well worth buying. I got a copy from NZ so I probably won't order any from Busy Bee, but recommend it highly! Alan (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

(...) What do these Maersk Trucks (1831) look like? I can't find a picture or reference to this item anywhere on the web? Warren (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

Carbon 60 wrote in message ... (...) I hate to sound like a complete novice, but where is he getting these kind of numbers of sets? I can only assume that he has managed to get them directly from Lego? -Andy Lynch (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: "cat whisker" trip switch

Steve, I have also used Mindstorms to run a train, like this. But I used it in a railroad yard, not for a trolley. But it’s basically the same concept. I put the touch sensor at a 90 degree angel with the track and about one brick away from track at (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NOVALTC meeting tonight

(...) ...The meeting went great, tho there were only three of us there! The meeting room is perfect. A huge floor to spread out on and a nice central location for anyone who works in or near DC! We laid out some track to match roughly our table (...) (25 years ago, 17-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.va)

  Re: "cat whisker" trip switch

(...) Before I add my 2 cents worth, I have zero experience with Mindstorms light sensors. That said, have you tried shading the sensor, especially from overhead light. Are Mindstorms light sensors similiar to those used in other forms of model (...) (25 years ago, 17-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Amtrak F 7 version 3

(...) Not at all boring, looks great! I especially like the grab bars and Amtrack stripe treatment. I am sure most of us wish we had more of anything Metroliner. - Jim --- (25 years ago, 17-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Amtrak F 7 version 3

(...) I use two individual light bulbs. The kind that come in the train light service pack with black "t-shaped" brick. These light bulb 1x2 bricks with the light bulb facing forward fit nicely into the side-hole of a technic beam. A 1x1x1 clear (...) (25 years ago, 17-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact