 Trains / *2337 (-5)
  Re: Does anyone accually like 4561?

(...) lot better. It has standard connectors on both FRONT and back instead of that goofy custom hookup on the cargo railway engine. It has a lot of window pieces and I like the black wagons. I have two comments in general about the out-of-the-box (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4560 train set.

Mark Harrison wrote in message <37F785EF.6FB2B5E5@o...net.au>... (...) At least we have them in Austria, and I think I saw it in germany as well. They are arround 25% cheaper than the 4561 since the transformator is missing. Mike (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone accually like 4561?

I purchased the 4561 as a first train. My only complaint is the train is too fragile for a child to play with. When the side dors are opened on the cars, they come loose from the roof hinges. I added a few peices to beef up the hinges. Mine is (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone accually like 4561?

snip (...) Yes. The stickers are stupid. I cut mine off so that they were not stamp'd (...) This is just reverting to a older way of doing things. I have plenty of 1*4 bricks with printed grills on them. James Powell (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Does anyone accually like 4561?

Yeah - I like it, and my mate Chris (a non-Internet AFOL) does too. I just got my 4561 on Friday and it looks a lot better built than it does in the catalogue. I won't say it's perfect - it has it's good and bad points. The obvious bad point is the (...) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.reviews)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact