 Trains / *23275 (-20)
  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Hmmm, Any chance that one could coerce you to mention to your good informer that someone (ahem) would love to find his name (ahem) among said group? Seriously ... I'd love to have the opportunity to play with a couple of these. Drive wheels (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Other coasters (was Re: Nico Bestanpouri's roller coaster

(...) Iain hangs out on rtlToronto these days so he may be able to supply more info about his rides from that era. As for working roller coasters, PNLTC member Matt Chiles built one using 12V track which I was lucky enough to see in 2002 when I was (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) True, or get somebody with (CNC) lathe access to do this :D I'd prefer a wheel with counterweight. It might even help protect the part against distortion, since due to the spokes the part might otherwise be somewhat fragile. (...) Let me know (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

I have it on good information that a third party supplier will soon be sending out a set of custom drive wheels meeting many of these criteria to a select group of AFOL train builders for evaluation. Cheers Ben Fleskes (...) <snip> (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Well maybe not, let me change my vote then. (...) I would prefer that LEGO do this. But if LEGO won't do it, then yes I would go third party. As some of you know, there has been some amazing molding done by Jeff ("Little Armory") Byrd to fill (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Hi Rosco! Empty out a new motor (25$) or a defected one (<10$) and you have your power pick up.... And everything is pure LEGO®. ;-) Leg Godt! (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Ben, One thing that would be really nice that LEGO also doesn't provide is a way to pick up track power other than the motor wheels. Now that would be a tricky proposition with the design you came up with. How about a wheel truck similar to (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) I like these criteria, and since we're talking about a MOLD not a part, color is irrelevant, it can be molded in grey or black or red or whatever... I can live with red as the first color run as long as we know another color is coming behind (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Like I said, when can I get a couple dozen in black? I don't see a problem with a third-party product if the quality is good. I can definitely forsee having to explain to *everyone* who looks at our train layout that these wheels are NOT a (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Hi Ondrew! Thanks for the praise! (...) Of course! But since I designed it I wanted to have a start in red. ;-) (...) I think there are other parts you could use: pneumatik tube, Flex-Stuff from the 90ies LEGO® technic, and other parts - Just (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Forget abou running behaviour for the moment: I just wanted to have an impression about the "feeling" of these wheels. How do they look like in a LEGO® engine. For a real model it would need blind drivers or a steering mechanism like here: (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

awsome!! dude this simply rocks. Anyway a few minor points. Have it molded in black as it is more realistic in the USA and in red for the Europeans. Also drive rods! I have never seen a drive rod that is realistic to the squared off shape of the (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote: (snipped the whole message) Very nice, but unless you're doing some tricks I can't see in your image, your example locomotive won't be able to handle corners. You won't be able to put three of these (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

DROOO...OOOooo...ooolll...lll Slurp....... Mark (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Draft of a new driver wheel

Hi all! In the past we have collected some demands we train heads have on driver wheels. These have been requested several times at TLC so far. Here comes the wishlist to make up a draft for a new driver wheel: 1.) technic axle center 2.) peg hole (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: How to model a wrecked train in Lego??

'Substantial modifications of bricks'...... I'm sure a blow torch could work miracles for a model like that! Duq "Kevin Salm" <kdsalm@dreamscape.com> wrote in message news:HnFIxr.HuF@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) of (...) (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: How to model a wrecked train in Lego??

(...) Reinhard, that is both cool and incredibly sad at the same time. Cool to see how plastic melts and deforms under its own weight, but incredibly sad to see it happen to LEGO pieces. Especially how that poor minifig started melting in his legs (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: How to model a wrecked train in Lego??

(...) Careful with doing that. I've been told that ABS has some unhealthy byproducts when burned. Ray (enjoying the fun so long as we all stay well and play well) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: How to model a wrecked train in Lego??

(...) Ha ha... that's funny. YOU'RE funny! (...) That's not funny, that's sick! YOU'RE not funny, you're sick! Oh wait, that was a troll, wasn't it, modboy? (...) Ya, and why buy the set when you can build it AT Target? :-) I think the real question (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: private forum

(...) Just as a note, this (using Yahoo groups, or, less commonly, another mailing list provider) is a common, but not universal, practice among LEGO clubs. Some clubs even have multiple mailing lists, with varying levels of privacy. The model of (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact