 Trains / *2202 (-20)
  Re: motorized switching rails

(...) And in all these years of discussion about switch powering and modifications nobody ever noticed this before? I'm amazed... (I don't own any 9V trains myself, just 4.5V. Those switches are easy to control, apart from the difficulty of making a (...) (25 years ago, 15-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Update on the PNLTC display at the Western Washington Fair

Hi All, I am in the very early stages of getting the pics up from the WWF show. There is a WWF page that is "under major consturction" posted under "Galleries" on the www.PNLTC.org page. Pls enjoy what's there, but I would rather not "tell the (...) (25 years ago, 15-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  anatomy of a switch track

I have pics and explanation of the process of opening the bottom of the switch track and removing those pesky detants(sp?). It is found under the "articles" section of the www.PNLTC.org page. SteveB (25 years ago, 15-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized switching rails

GMLTC has pneumo switch throws. They worked in the lab but haven't yet been proven at a show. The air lines are (gasp) non LEGO aquarium tubing... If you go to one of the many GMLTC teasers (there must be 4, including mine, the semiofficial standing (...) (25 years ago, 15-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A challenge for seasoned Lego Trainers...

Ludo Soete: (...) I pressume you by "away" mean "off the track". Maybe the solution is to push from both sides at the same time. (...) I don't like cutting LEGO pieces, so I would only use this design with 4.5 and 12 V tracks. But that is a matter (...) (25 years ago, 15-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized switching rails

The motorized switches I made are very similar to the ones at (URL) fact I refer to them on my site. (URL) must add that the motorized points are somewhat unsatisfying. You must pay careful attention to the point and turn of the motor at the (...) (25 years ago, 15-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized switching rails

I don't think I want to risk damaging a $15 Lego piece either. I would love to see your example. Having it along with the others presented/suggested so far should give me a head start. Thanks to everyone who has passed their idea along. -Nick Ed (...) (25 years ago, 14-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized switching rails

Ouch! Nick - please consider using a non-intrusive method of performing remote motorized switch control. I was close to performing the operation on a set of switches myself, when I decided to sleep on it. It bothers me to this day that I came so (...) (25 years ago, 14-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized switching rails

I think that person very carefully popped the plastic ivets using an exacto knife, I cannot remember the URL, sorry. I am too chicken (scared) to try it myself. Christopher (...) (25 years ago, 14-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Update on the PNLTC display at the Western Washington Fair

Congrats, Dan et al! Just reading about the event gets me excited to show again (hopefully in Oct). Glad to hear everything is working out and I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say that we can't wait for photos and tales:-) -John (J2) GMLTC (...) (25 years ago, 14-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Update on the PNLTC display at the Western Washington Fair

Posted as an aid for Dan Parker (He's spending nearly full time at the show!) Kim (...) (25 years ago, 14-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized switching rails

I recall someone talking about removing the friction from a switch rail. Do you know how to open up the rail without damaging it? Eric (25 years ago, 14-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized switching rails

There are a couple here: (...) (25 years ago, 14-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  motorized switching rails

Hello all. Can someone please point me to a page or two that has examples of how to motorize a switching rail. The end I want to achieve is to sit with a controller or two or three to open and close the rails. (Using a pure Lego method of course.) (...) (25 years ago, 14-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: hills and grades

(...) For some more ideas, check out this site: (URL) could get a bunch of the 4.5volt plastic rails and do the same thing... JG (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: hills and grades

Jacob, THANK YOU!!!! That pointer to the Train Depot is pure gold!! For a roller coaster, I actually need a much more severe angle than the method Matt outlines, but there's a lot there to explore, and I like the drawings of the support pillars he (...) (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Idea Book?

There are two Train ideas books - 7777 (82 pages of the 12volt trains, my favorite) and 242 (100 pages of older trains). They are both tough to find and expensive, like most Train related Lego products, but there are scans of 7777 on (...) (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Idea Book?

7777 springs to mind. I found scans of this book a while back, it's a treat. I have *once* seen a paper copy. It is hard to find in the flesh, if someone had a copy they were itching to sell, it would be swell if they contacted me... Try this URL: (...) (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Idea Book?

Not an Idea book, but this site will stimulate your creative juices. (URL) Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) Ferrari <giuliof@iol.it> wrote in message news:37DCE7A6.F13471...@iol.it... (...) (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Idea Book?

Here is a spot for tracks. (URL) Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) Ferrari <giuliof@iol.it> wrote in message news:37DCE7A6.F13471...@iol.it... (...) (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact