 Trains / *20145 (-20)
  Re: Train tracks and Xmas model

(...) Yes the track can be modified although it would make more sense to just order 9v track and save the nightmare. If you want to run newer 9v train cars on 4.5v track there shouldn’t be much problem as long as you have a 4.5v train motor pulling (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GWLTS photos

I was thinking of a Lego one, a real one with a working boat would be outstanding. I think it should have a glass (perspex) side so you can see underwater! Mark "James Powell" <wx732@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  More NovaLUG show photos

Here are a few more photos of the Dartmouth show: (URL) Included are some shots of Jean-Marc's Volvo dealership. The GP9 with the CN "noodle" is my latest creation. Although it's hard to see, I used a 21 stud string (x127a) for the long handrail. (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  opening / repairing 12v grey transformer 7864

Hi, I've got a couple of transformers that apparently dont work anymore but may very well be easily repairable. However I cant seem to find a way to open them up without damaging the housing beyond repair. Does anyone have a clue how to get to the (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) Actually, it wasn't too bad. Only 3 bricklink orders. There were a few sellers out there who had amassed small hordes of these bricks. I think I hit all the major hordes. Luckily no one else wanted to do this, or I would have been out of luck. (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Additions to my Town Planning site

I've added two new articles to my Town Planning site, one on Layout Design: (URL) one on Ideas for Buildings: (URL) you have comments, corrections, additions, or ideas for more articles (especially if you'd like to write one!) please let me know. (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce) !

  Train tracks and Xmas model

I have 2 questions: First i have a very old 4.5v lego train and i was wondering if i could use the tracks from my old train in newer sets, i think the answer is no but is there a way that tracks could be modified?? Anyone with some info regarding (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GWLTS photos

(...) Q- are you meaning a watertight canal? Or just a lego one? I have ideas as to how to manage a watertight one, but haven't done anything about it yet...lack of time. They involve wooden U shaped boxs, fiberglass resin and vasoline to seal (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: NSW 40 Class Diesel...New And Improved

(...) The URL works fine with me, if not try... (URL) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NSW 40 Class Diesel...New And Improved

I really would like to give my opinion.... but your link doesn't work !! :-( Suggestions? Klaas (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) Yes, it _does_ look like a university building (I actually was thinking Princeton, myself). Recently, I tried my hand at a similar building to serve as a public library. It makes good use of Sand Green bricks with a Dark Gray roof. After (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  NCLTC Christmas Layout Display @ South Hills Mall - Raleigh, NC

The North Carolina LEGO Train Club will have a 10'x20' layout on display from December 1st through December 28th at South Hills Mall in Raleigh, North Carolina. Our layout is part of the Christmas theme of the Mall and will be set up in the open (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events) !

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) I think that's actually Alfred Speredelozzi's building. Further, it's a building with a prototype that is (sort of) in your neck of the woods... the Troy NY area to be exact, it's on the campus of RPI. Al is one of our newer members but he's (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) Different elevations are neat. I have not had good-looking results doing this yet, but someday I hope to figure out how to do it well. After looking at all of the pics in the folder, I am quite amazed at the amount of SandGreen slopes used on (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

In lugnet.trains, Bruce Hietbrink writes: Snipped instructive examples. (...) Yes. The issue here may well just be "what is the point at which you have 'too many'..." For me, for this mountain, 10% face coverage was just at the edge of 'too many', (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  NSW 40 Class Diesel...New And Improved

Growing tired of the same old red routine I used in building my locomotives, I decided to try this one using the classic black and gray motif... (URL) made a host of other improvements to this model, not least of which is an overall lengthening of (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

I've had to build several mountains for my Tolkien project and have gone back and forth on BURPs/LURPs. I wasn't thrilled with this cliff: (URL) it was basically just a Burp pile. On my next mountain I tried to completely hide the BURPs (though they (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) Whoops, good catch. 24x24 is what I mean. Sorry about that! I actually miscounted, I used 2 of these. One with the corner replaced (tacked together with plates) and one with it omitted.. The one with it omitted was used just behind the (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) Hmm, where are you folks finding 32x32s with missing corner? I have a box full of 24x24s with missing corner, but no 32x32s... :-) :-) :-) I really need to do some sculpted stuff, if for nothing else, just to use up all those huge bricks :-) (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) I don't completely cover them; just about 1/2 covered or so. It lets me get a consistent background color by using piles of grey or dk grey burps. I find that it does take quite a few bricks, but because the burps are the structural layer, I (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact