 Trains / *1967 (-20)
  Re: Questions regarding 4533(Snow Remover)

One thing I sure want to put into this puppy is something from Will Chapman's page... Anyone else build one of these???? (URL) so, how did you make the contacts to the battery? just straighten out the end of the spring a little so it touch's the (...) (25 years ago, 14-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Questions regarding 4533(Snow Remover)

I also have built one using the windmill blade attached to a motor. You can kind of see it in a few of Steve's pics from the show (next to the roundhouse): (URL) modeled it after a Rotary plow from a USA trains G scale catalog:-) (...) (25 years ago, 14-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Questions regarding 4533(Snow Remover)

My apologies, I don't know what i just did, I sent this 2 times! Scott Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 14-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Questions regarding 4533(Snow Remover)

Well, I am glad because my rebuild was probably going to look like some Futuron model or something, anyway! Hmm... :) Anyway, I know how you feel, Mookie! Scott Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 14-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Questions regarding 4533(Snow Remover)

Well, I am glad because my rebuild was probably going to look like some Futuron model or something, anyway! Hmm... :) Scott Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 14-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Questions regarding 4533(Snow Remover)

Oh man.. that bites! I just traded for one of those blades to rebuild the snow remover... and now I find someone else already did it :( here I thought I was gonna be the first! hehehehe Oh well... I'll still work on mine! (...) (25 years ago, 14-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6 wide, 8 wide, 10 wide vs scale of the radius of the track.

Remember Ben, *gauge* refers to the distance between the rails, and is not to be confused with *scale*. I don't have any HO or N track lying around so I can't measure, but if someone did we could figure out what the "real world" radius of LEGO track (...) (25 years ago, 14-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Questions regarding 4533(Snow Remover)

Thanks, Larry, I found it. Now that's a snowplow! Lego Train Minifigs on the *awesome* 4533 Snow Remover going down the track: "Gee, Bob, you would think this snowplow would have some kind of cover on it so it would protect you from the snow and (...) (25 years ago, 14-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Questions regarding 4533(Snow Remover)

See Will Chapman's model, you can find it from the PNLTC.org site. Scott Edward Sanburn wrote: <that snowblower sucks> AGREED. Needs a rebuild in the worst way. (25 years ago, 14-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  6 wide, 8 wide, 10 wide vs scale of the radius of the track.

On of my rare posts on rtl got me thinking and decided to post something here that would get the attention of the more serious Lego trainers. It's been hashed through many times before. If you were to build trains based on the scale of Lego track, (...) (25 years ago, 14-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Questions regarding 4533(Snow Remover)

To all the Train heads out there, I just received the 4533 yesterday, and I think it's screaming for a rebuild. Is this an actual device they use on railways, in the US or Europe? If not, are there pictures of a real one? Any and all help would (...) (25 years ago, 14-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Space Original Creations Etc.

I agree with everything Todd said except for the below part... (...) And PNLTC may well deserve an update. After all, it's got my cars there so it's by definition cool. But I was talking about GMLTC, not PNLTC. The real GMLTC site is not up yet. But (...) (25 years ago, 14-Aug-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: Pics of Dutch railways models

(...) That's the only part of the whole thing that I **don't** like... :-) I just gotta say, and I think I've alluded to this before, this diorama really gets me all hot and bothered. Models are great, be they buildings or rolling stock or (...) (25 years ago, 14-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: 4544 & 4532 at S@H

(...) Busy-Bee might get some 2150's in if the demand is big enough - see 12V post. Carbon 60 (25 years ago, 14-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  12V train items from Busy-Bee

As you may have read on RTL, Busy-Bee are trying to get hold of a lot of discontinued stuff. 7858 Remote-Controlled Points, Right 7860 Remote-Controlled Signal 7861 Illumination 7863 Magnetic Unit/Remote Control (for points) 7864 12V Transformer (...) (25 years ago, 14-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics of Dutch railways models

Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote in message ... (...) I second that! (25 years ago, 14-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  4544 & 4532 at S@H

I don't know if this is news to anyone but 4544 (Car Transport Wagon) and 4532 (Level Crossing) is available at S@H. I just placed an order for both. Still waiting for 2150 to come back from the dead... -- Asher (25 years ago, 14-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics of Dutch railways models

(...) Ditto to that! Plus, I'm really loving that shunting locomotor: (URL) don't know what the real thing looks like, but that is certainly a unique looking unit. Very tasty! --Todd (25 years ago, 13-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Convention Coverage (was GMLTC at the NMRA National Convention)

So has anyone heard of any magazine coverage of the NMRA convention. What monthly issue of Model Railroader usually covers the convention? Any other mags to check? (25 years ago, 13-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 wide? was Re: Box Cars

At John's rate of web progress, we will never see any pictures of his stuff. John, you take some pictures and send them to me, I'll post them for you. Got your slides developed yet? Paul (...) (25 years ago, 13-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact