Looking through Tony Hafner's 2001MV ? show pics i came across this, anyone have any more info? (URL) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GO-Transit Commuter Rail Car

(...) Hm, yes. From the pic, it looks like they're 50 studs long by 8 studs wide. I've got a passenger train with cars ranging from 42 to 50 studs long and I've had surprisingly good luck running it. At LLCA a couple of months back, it was able to (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Another LEGO article has appeared at trains.com

(URL) bst (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Running multiple trains (was "GMLTC layout 'show' pictures")

(...) Come on, Steve - I'm a computer programmer! What is the standard answer to every problem? "Write a program"!! <grin> I spent the last hour in a staff meeting trying to figure out how I can do this with RCXs... ;-) Don't know if I can make it (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) You're right, I didn't understand the specifics, and this is why I'm not an electrical engineer. So, to summarize, the wall wart that plugs into the wall reduces 120v of AC electricity from the wall to 12v AC. Then, the train controller (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC layout 'show' pictures

If the main lines are large enough you can manully do this. We often have a long "passing rail" (attached at both ends) off our mainlines. We setup two simularly weighted trains, so the go about the same speed, one on the mainline one on the passing (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GO-Transit Commuter Rail Car

(...) Thanks, I'm currently working on making them look less boxie and more rounded like the real cars. I'm also trying to talk the others in the group into modifying the corners on our layout so this train can actually run around the track. :-) (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Question

(...) Yes!!! Many thanks. -- Hop-Frog (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Question

"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message news:GLM9GK.IE8@lugnet.com... (...) that (...) THE (...) You mean this one? (URL) Thatcher Perkins Locomotive Mike -- Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring dot com (URL) - North Carolina (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  3 New buildings for GATS in January

Well I have complete 2 new buildings for the GATS MichLUG display in January. And got a good start on another. The first was White with Blue trim: (URL) second, which I will be changing the design soon is a Townhouse style building. I wanted to make (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.build) !

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) I think you've missed the point slightly. We are talking about 9 volt controllers and power supplies to the unit. The STANDARD power supply for the 9 volt controllers is 12 VOLTS AC! It turns it into DC 9 VOLTS inside the unit. When your using (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Question

Hey Y'all: I tried locating it in the database but I cannot find the classic train that has the big red spoked wheels and the cow catcher in the front. This is THE ONE that everyone loves. Set number, please? -- Hop-Frog (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains.com and LEGO Trains!

Great job on making this happen Jake, now I have some new ammo to use at my next NMRA meeting :) jt (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

I've also used this solution for some switching setups, and found it quite useful. I can answer some questions, but the cost is that I'll ask a new one. No explosions, the motors work fine at 12v. I've even taken one up to 14v with no ill effects, (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: High Speed train by Bob Hayes

(...) That's very neat. I remember doing this as a kid with 2x4x3 windscreens, when I couldn't afford any of the new space sets to get a 4x6x3 canopy! Jason J Railton (23 years ago, 21-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains.com and LEGO Trains!

(...) I am working feverishly on that update as we speak. I am hoping to have that information live very soon. Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 and Sr. Producer LEGO Direct (23 years ago, 21-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains.com and LEGO Trains!

(...) I am working feveroiushly on that update as we speak. I am hoping to have that information live very soon. Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 and Sr. Producer LEGO Direct (23 years ago, 21-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains.com and LEGO Trains!

(...) Jake,in your article you mention to go to the Lego trains site to find out where/when a train show will be near you.....my question is where is that info on the site?(such as the MichLTC info that i gave you) Chris Leach MichLTC (23 years ago, 21-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  "My Own Garrett"

Hi all, Just a quick little one - having recently received a "My Own Train" from S@H Australia (thanks LD), I didn't waste any time doing a few mods. And here's the first revision - an articulated loco in the style of a Garrett. Can't call it a MOC, (...) (23 years ago, 21-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact