 Trains / *13814 (-10)
  Re: Question for the true train enthusiasts?

(...) a space of 3's good for modern US rolling stock, with the 5 springs (3 on outside). Josh (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question for the true train enthusiasts?

(...) Build 8 wide;-) <g,d&r> All seriousness aside, nothing is more unrealistic than placing the wheels *together*. For rolling stock, a typical bettendorf truck (I'm talking US here) is best simulated by spacing the wheels 2 studs apart. For the (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Question for the true train enthusiasts?

What's a novice train builder to do?? So far I've built all my longer train cars (those requiring bogie plates) with the wheel sets TOGETHER as I've seen in all previous Lego train cars. Now the new 10000 series all have the wheel sets placed 2 (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Set 113 Advice?

(...) Ben, I'll post some picture to my ozbricks site as soon as I can tonight. Keep an eye out on (URL) I'll try and build it as close to the original instructions as possible - but I've noted that the box has different markings to the actual train (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.uk)

  New train cars at LEGO

Hi, Nice models and good part use for the Caboose and Passenger car EXCEPT for the roof pieces.I hate those 'cheap, single part,juniorized' roof piece. Some of my white roof parts from the 4561 train don't hold a 2*4 plate to 'stack ' them together. (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4551 / 4563 cab brick question

"Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> wrote in message news:GHnwGz.33q@lugnet.com... (...) OK, here they are Ben (and Jon) (URL) is only page 7 that differs. I have included both versions for anyone else interested. I don't have the two (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: G scale lego trains

Hey Ben- I have been out of town for the last week in Washington D.C. (had a great time meeting with WAMALTCers Christina Hitchcock, Kevin Loch, and Denise Jadud; more on that elsewhere:) I have read this thread with much interest; we goofy guys are (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4551 / 4563 cab brick question

(...) Both sets which contained this cab part came in two versions. First with the 3-brick-gap, later the 2-brick-gap. I think that was much more stable: kids feet can be so cruel sometimes.... For both sets (4563 and 4551) there have been updated (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

"Jon D Hayward" <JonDHayward@Yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:GHnFnr.LJw@lugnet.com... (...) at (...) There are two variants, and I have instructions for both. If you were paying attention at my 'fest last year you would have seen the 2 parts (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4551 / 4563 cab brick question

Although I don't have an answer to this question, I wanted to bring up that I noticed this too, twice. I also bought those on Ebay (missing a few pieces), and came across the same problem. It is however easily fixed, and the locomotive can be made (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact