 Trains / 12857
Re: 4551 / 4563 cab brick question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 18:27:31 GMT

"Jon D Hayward" <JonDHayward@Yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:GHnFnr.LJw@lugnet.com...
I've just won a 4563 on eBay (incomplete as usual), and I've been sitting • at
my desk through lunch to put it together. I had to follow the instructions
on LUGNET as the seller forgot (hmmm) to send those too, and I hit a
problem:

The shaped cab front in this set (same as the two used in 4551) only has
space for TWO bricks under the windows. The instructions on LUGNET show
space for THREE bricks on both 4563 and 4551. Are my eyes deceiving me, or
are there variations on this brick? If there _are_ variations, does anyone
have scans available of the other version?!?

There are two variants, and I have instructions for both. If you were paying
attention at my 'fest last year you would have seen the 2 parts side by side
when I showed Larry :-)

I have no idea why there should be two virtually identical parts, or which
one was used first. Perhaps there was a problem with the one with a 3-high
gap structurally.

If you need them, I'll send you a scan of the differing steps of the
instructions.

Huw