 Trains / *1182 (-5)
  Fun with two 4559s and two 5542s

I picked up a 2nd 4559 and started into bashing them together. I built a new engine using parts from all the sets, plus bricks from some Freestyle tubs plus a couple Technic plates. I found that one of the drop center train plates wouldn't work for (...) (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meet "BOB" the Passenger Train

(...) No good nor easy reason for the 1/3 brick height difference other than the fact that the 1/4-top curved bricks are 4/3 brick tall and I needed to accommodate the height requirements resulting from the front end cab structure. The front and (...) (25 years ago, 5-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first visit to a model train show.

(...) Take a look at the PNLTC and GMLTC layouts. Those may be a bit big for what one person can do, but they'll give you ideas. Then look at the work of Robin Werner for ideas about what one person can achieve. PNLTC: (URL) (I need to index these): (...) (25 years ago, 5-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meet "BOB" the Passenger Train

This is a great train. Well designed and looks realistic. Another time where James has pushed LEGO to it's limits. Why is one coach 1/3 of a brick higher than the rest of the train? Why did you decide not to have wheels in the centre? (25 years ago, 5-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first visit to a model train show.

Mark, I suggest you check out our web page at (URL) should be plenty of inspiration and ideas for a train layout for a show. - Irving Mark Harrison wrote in message <373033AB.203E4B05@o...net.au>... (...) (25 years ago, 5-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact