 Trains / *10304 (-20)
  Re: Good Diesel Loco MOC pics?

(...) listing does have links to a number of prototype references to switchers from the excellent "Yard Limit" website and a few other pics I found as well. But they're all for switchers. Except for Steve Barile and a few others, most folks model (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Good Diesel Loco MOC pics?

(...) Boo! Bad form! Shameless plug for your inaugural Switcher which you are selling here: (URL) Oh, you mean PROTO pics. :-) Don't smiley me! ;^D -John (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train building contest

(...) For non-commercial uses, there doesn't seem to be a real problem. I think the railroad companies are pretty amenable (after all, it's really an honor to be modeled). I have no idea what the commercial companies do for the decals or lettered (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Round Windows

(...) Hey, thanks for the compliment Larry! And thanks for the info on the color. I'll have to update my web page now and get rid of that appology. I guess my color reproduction was more accurate than I thought! :) And just so that you all realize (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Train building contest

I was just wondering if there had been any discussion about the use of trademark names. by this I mean - say I wanted to build a Conrail Locomotive, or a Pennsylvania RR passanger car, or a box car with a product name on it. Would this be allowed? (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Round Windows

(...) Preeettty cool One nit, Kim says that the original was light grey and red, I believe they actually were white, and the model he was working from had some weathering (I had a chance to actually be inside of one of these units at a SOO engine (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Good Diesel Loco MOC pics?

(...) Good MOC pics? Well, mine (among others). For instance the inaugural unit of MTW-2001 up for auction now on eBay... <grin, duck, run> Oh, you mean PROTO pics. :-) Well in addition to all the refs you already got, try the NMRA site, (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SNOTgon version 0.9

Looks good, Chris! Generally, I'm not a big fan of exposing studs, because I think that they detract from an MOCs appearance. If I were you, I'd spin around all of your 1x1 headlight bricks, stick a technic pin in them and attach 1x4 tiles to create (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  SNOTgon version 0.9

Just wanted to share some pics of a gondola design that I have been working on. Sorry for the bad pics. (URL) you can see it's a Studs Not on Top gondola. I used this technique to get a depressed center look. 64 black 1x1s with side studs are used (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is a boogie plate?(is Lego making dancing bricks?)

James Brown wrote in message ... (...) actors....;-) (...) simply (...) They've been listed as "boogie plates" in the online catalog for a couple of years. Interesting to see the error still being propagated. Kevin ---...--- Craftsman Lego Kits & (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Good Diesel Loco MOC pics?

Jake, Good to see you still have time to build after a days work at LD or are you working? Well it’s still a great question, try this link it has lots of CONRAIL stuff new and old: (URL) on... Robin Werner GFLTC (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Good Diesel Loco MOC pics?

(...) There's some info on Australian Locos (and lots of other Ozzie-centric railway enthusiast stuff) at www.railpage.org.au. Regards, ROSCO (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Good Diesel Loco MOC pics?

(...) Hi Jake, Try here... (URL) fairly focused on Canadian roads and their subsidiaries, but there are some really good reference photos available. Choose a road, then if you click the Locomotive Roster link it'll give you listings of the available (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Round Windows

(...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Good Diesel Loco MOC pics?

(...) Great site: (URL) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Good Diesel Loco MOC pics?

Does anyone know of good current day loco that has pics up somewhere? I have been playing around with a few ideas the last few nights and am looking for some inspiration. Thanks! jake (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New images of my 4-6-2 Steam Engine

Any pictures from the bottom side? Looking good. If you can get some old wheels from e.g. 162 then you can add the old yellow pistons to it. Sonnich Jeff Stembel <jeff.stembel@noaa.gov> wrote in message news:G8r3rF.2A3@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is a boogie plate?(is Lego making dancing bricks?)

(...) Ugh. What a classical setup. I can't believe I waltzed right into that. Two step puns are the nastiest. James (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.pun)

  Re: What is a boogie plate?(is Lego making dancing bricks?)

(...) Umm, I can't answer that because I am under NDA. But let me assure you that IF LD were to come out with dancing trains, THEY WOULD ROCK!!! <banging head> John (TIC) (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is a boogie plate?(is Lego making dancing bricks?)

(...) That would be true, if LD had listed bogie plates for sale, but they haven't. They have listed boogie plates though, and the picture, I admit, looks suspiciously like a bogie plate. ;) Maybe dancing trains is what you guys aren't allowed to (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact