 Town / 9707
Re: a couple window ideas/ i need help with a bay window roof
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2007 09:26:40 GMT

ondrew hartigan wrote:

now for the helpppp

i am currently building the bay window pictured below. i have the window built
but i am drawing a blank for the roof because of the 45deg angles.  anyone have
a solution or idea to help me out?

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/roj2323/ideas/window-help.jpg>>

There are a number of possible solutions that would occur to me were I
building it:

1) Don't build it.  Look for a stylistically similar prototype easier to
render in LEGO.

2) Cheat.  No-one (except us) knows the original, so either build it
with a flat roof, or make it square instead of canted.

3) Experiment with wedge plates to find the best fit, and maybe alter
the angles slightly to enhance this.

4) Do a classic Legoland thing and build it as near as possible with
studs-on-top plates, or tiles for a smoother finish.

5) Do the same as number 4, but use wedge plates at the corners.

6) Make the roof shallower and black, and opt for part 43708 at the
corners.  This rather dictates the dimensions though.

I'm not convinced by the 1x1 slope idea simply because it will render
some of the slope angles better than others.

There are some very similar bays in my town in the UK - well, they're
quite different, but by the time you've rendered them in LEGO they'd be
almost the same!

Al