 Town / 8856
    Re: New street —Jonathan Lopes
   (...) Thanks! (...) This is precisely the feel I am going for. Excellent link! I just can't bring myself to paint the lego bricks though. (graffiti, burn/smoke marks etc.) I might give a shot at that Bronx auto building with a light yellow body and (...) (19 years ago, 20-Mar-06, to lugnet.town)

        Re: New street —Timothy Gould
   --SNIP-- (...) I heard of someone (can't remember who) stocking up on low quality used bricks to use for that sort of thing. It's certainly a cheap way to add texturing. Another possibility would be to use stickers for graffiti but that depends on (...) (19 years ago, 20-Mar-06, to lugnet.town)

        Re: New street —Jonathan Lopes
   (...) What I did for the gray building is us a few old gray bricks here and there. The rest is bley. I like the way it looks. I am thinking that down the road I will want to add signage and things and may include graffiti stickers along with that. I (...) (19 years ago, 20-Mar-06, to lugnet.town)

        Re: New street —Timothy Gould
   (...) I'd noticed that. It's very effective. Looks to me like you do the same thing with old brown with sprinklings of new brown too. If you look a misterzumbi's work ((URL) he throws in dark orange too sometimes. (...) Oh that sounds excellent. (...) (19 years ago, 20-Mar-06, to lugnet.town)

        Re: New street —Jonathan Lopes
     (...) Man, there is some excellent stuff in those folders. . . . (...) Absolutely. If it comes to fruition, I'd be happy to. It will be a long while before it gets done though. It is expensive to print and I want to focus on the layout first. (...) (...) (19 years ago, 20-Mar-06, to lugnet.town)

        Re: New street —Kevin Wilson
   Tim wrote (...) (to Jonathan) I was going to ask which colors you were using for the "brick" buildings, Jonathan - old and new brown, is it? Looks superb! I especially like the row of small boarded up buildings beside the tracks. Truly excellent (...) (19 years ago, 21-Mar-06, to lugnet.town)

        Re: New street —Jonathan Lopes
   (...) Thanks, Kevin. Yes, the two brown buildings use both new and old brown together. I think it add a little something to the buildings. I also use old gray and bley together quite often for buildings, sidewalks and retaining walls. I think they (...) (19 years ago, 22-Mar-06, to lugnet.town)