 Town / 8860
Re: New street
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 20:47:48 GMT

In lugnet.town, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
In lugnet.town, Timothy Gould wrote:
--SNIP--
PS. X-posted to .trains

PPS. Did I ever share this link with you
(http://www.vestaldesign.com/projects/modelrr/)? You may find it
interesting

This is precisely the feel I am going for.  Excellent link!  I just can't bring
myself to paint the lego bricks though.  (graffiti, burn/smoke marks etc.)

I might give a shot at that Bronx auto building with a light yellow body and
sand blue lettering.

Thanks, as always.

Jonathan

I heard of someone (can't remember who) stocking up on low quality used bricks
to use for that sort of thing. It's certainly a cheap way to add texturing.
Another possibility would be to use stickers for graffiti but that depends on
your purity level ;)

Tim

What I did for the gray building is us a few old gray bricks here and there.
The rest is bley.  I like the way it looks.

I'd noticed that. It's very effective. Looks to me like you do the same thing
with old brown with sprinklings of new brown too. If you look a misterzumbi's
work (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=144444) he throws in dark
orange too sometimes.

I am thinking that down the road I
will want to add signage and things and may include graffiti stickers along with
that.  I work in book production and have already spoken with a few designers
about my stickers.  Also, one of my printers in China is sending me some static
sticker samples so I can see if they are workable with Lego.  I am hoping they
are so they don't funk up the bricks.

Jonathan

Oh that sounds excellent. Would you be willing to make more stickers available
if this was the case? I'd love to get some graffiti stickers made to Lego scale.
It might be worth making them fir 1x6x5 bricks or similar to sort of make a
"graffiti" brick.

Tim