 Town / 8735
Re: CABR buildings and your opinions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 06:57:40 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
   hey all,

i updated my gallery with some buildings i’m working on as well as a couple pics of my trains from nwbc. anyway i would love to here your thoughts on the buildings as well as how my CABR project is going in general. i really do want to make this layout as realistic and intersting as possible so let me have it. tell me what you think.

ondrew

p.s. yes i know the buildings are not color matched yet. i figured it would be better to get the shape, then buy the parts verses getting the parts and finding out it doesn’t work.

Hi Ondrew,

While your town and trains are excellent, what really strikes me about your layout is the bequatiful landscaping.

I consider it the most accurate and interesting landscaping I’ve seen done in Lego. I particularly like the way you work against the right angles in it and use it as an example of what to do when I am designing my town stuff.

I really must thank Brian Williams of The Royal Train for the angled road idea. Angling the road afforded me the room for added depth and interest while challenging my mind at the same time. So far it has worked and kept me extremely interested so it’s likely I’ll actually finish this project. There are a few difficulties I hadn’t planned on now that I’m building buildings but all in all I think it’s for the best since towns aren’t perfect, towns have wasted space and oddly shaped buildings to fit the reality of the useable spaces and this is making it fun.

I only wish I had help. I have until July to get it show ready. Ugh.

Ondrew

   Tim