 Town / 8711
Re: Small town building reference
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 14:48:15 GMT

In lugnet.trains, William R. Ward wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
   Hey all,

Over the last month or so I’ve started taking pictures of all of the interesting buildings in my suburban Chicago area. I’m taking these photos for several reasons but most importantly I’ve taken them for you, the community. My hope is that this new gallery will fill the reference void and provide tons of ideas.

http://www.maj.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=105107...

(I could have sworn that I posted this reply yesterday but I can’t find it so I’m posting it again. Maybe I just forgot to hit submit or something. Weird.)

Very nice work. Great idea. But you forgot one newsgroup: lugnet.build.arch. I added it to my reply so they can be in the loop too.

In fact it suggests a contest idea: build one of the buildings pictured on Ondrew’s gallery. Anyone up for it?

Sounds like a good fun contest idea. Maybe when the current town contest ends, and there are more “cities” (as discussed earlier) in photos online. We could do a new contest like this. I am thinking an added twist though: We choose from a list of online cities, but can not choose our home city. For example: I would not be able to build anything in the NYC picture assortment. I would have to do something from Kalamazoo or Chicago or UK or other available galleries.

I am currently focused on the contest going on now though and wouldn’t be able to do another one at the same time.

Jonathan