 Town / 864
    Re: How do a build a mountain? —Brendan Coughlin
   (...) them (...) it. (...) You know, I was actually thinking about making one out of plaster! I've worked with plaster before so I know how to work with it. I'm not too sure how I could get the texture. The paint is the same way. I guess I would (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

        Re: How do a build a mountain? —James J. Trobaugh
   We have a Styrofoam mountain in the NGLTC layout. Its made from the sheets of pink home installation, Great stuff foam and a thin layer of sheetrock putty (for texture). Also a few clone blocks were added as rocks to the mountain to give it some (...) (24 years ago, 18-Apr-00, to lugnet.town)

        Re: How do a build a mountain? —Stephen F. Roberts
     (...) ...you used clone bricks!!! The horror!... Hmmmm, but better than defacing real bricks... and besides, the whole thing isnt 'pure' anyway. ...But seriously, I like the mountain. I've seen the pics before and had done a similar thing for model (...) (24 years ago, 18-Apr-00, to lugnet.town)

         Re: How do a build a mountain? —Christopher Tracey
     (...) You are so close to the dark side now.... I think you have been hanging out with rich too much recently... I propose any mountain on the club layout will be pure bricks and burps. -Chris (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.town)

        Re: How do a build a mountain? —Brendan Coughlin
   (...) WOW! Now that is a GORGEOUS mountain. I mean, no offense, but I wouldn't paint a mountain yellow. However, if that was brown, gray, and any other color it would look absolutely perfect. I'm sure it's extremely easy for you to describe it in (...) (24 years ago, 22-Apr-00, to lugnet.town)

        Re: How do a build a mountain? —James J. Trobaugh
   Glad you liked it Brendan. I know that some people prefer a "pure" LEGO mountain (so would I, but I'd rather use the limited bricks I have for other projects), I modeled it after a mountain that was on the cover of a S@H catalog I saw a few years (...) (24 years ago, 24-Apr-00, to lugnet.town)