 Town / 8626
Re: Need building tips for a curch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 28 Dec 2005 09:24:02 GMT

In lugnet.town, Øyvind Steinnes wrote:
Hello people,

I'm not sure if this is the right group to ask for those questions, but I
try anyway :)

I have set my mind to make a model of a curch from my home-town.
How do you aproach such a task?
Do you use only photos or do you use drawings from the curch?
How to find the correct scale to build in?

Here is the first attempts :
The last pictures in the folder, names orginal_xxx is how the curch looks in
real life. It has a realy strange shape. It is supposed to look like slabs
of ice stacked together.

When I have been satisfied with this building (I am almost satisfied), I
have other strange buildings (buildings with special arcitecture) from my
hometown I want to try to build. I have already tried another bulding that
was housing a cinema before, it is now rebuilt and contains a library:

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes
Norway

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Phoenix

At first, my compliments for your building.

If I have to build a model of a  (bigger) building, I try to get all the
necessary information relative to the original edifice.
Then I will ask for drawings such as plans and section in order to get the right
dimensions.
If necessary, I ‘ll make the drawings by myself.
Take pictures as much as possible, from different angles. (if possible)

The next stage is to convert all the drawings into LEGO-format drawings, using
the LEGO-brick as the unit.

Only then, if all the drawings are all right, I start building.

About the scale, this is entirely up to you. It is only a ratio.

Speaking for myself, I like to build on a scale 1:25. That means that my MOC-s
tend to be, well,… a rather big. That is the main reason why I do all that
drawing first.

I simply hate it to knock down a 40.000 piece model if the roof doesn’t fit very
well.

Leo.