 Town / 8340
Re: Armitage Hotel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 14:39:10 GMT

In lugnet.town, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
   I am wondering if people are noticing the huge red windows (made of classic 1x2x2 windows) and mistaking them for bay doors? Depending on their line of sight, maybe the street level shops are out of view? We have some big firehouses here in NYC, but man, yours would be huge! :o)

Hmm.. that’s a good point. If this building makes it to another event, I’m going to query folks who make the “firehouse” comment and see if I can see what they see.

   Very nice BTW. Lots of nice details. I love the use of the red tiles facing ‘studs out’ adds nice surface texture.

Thanks!

   Does your layout have a firehouse? Maybe making the actual layout firehouse a little more obvious would help?

I know Chris Leach frequently has a firehouse on the layout, but I’m struggling to remember which building it was. So you may have a point.

Jason Spears | BrickShelf Gallery | MichLUG | CLB