 Town / 8350
Re: Armitage Hotel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:52:15 GMT

In lugnet.town, James Garrett wrote:
   Great hotel! (I never thought it was a fire station - I have never seen a 8 story fire station). I like the gray and red color scheme. I also like the storefront style displays that help to add life to the model (something I need to work on for my own buildings) It also looks very good next to my museum. ;)

I still need to add some more store detail to this hotel and almost all of my other buildings are baren inside as well. I saw the inside of your bank, looks very nice.

   The only improvement that I can think of is to spend a lot of money on tiles to smooth out some of the studs.

Hmm, that certainly would add something. Guess I’ll sell a car to bulk up on grey tiles!

   I looked at the links to the Statler and Book-Cadillac and it almost brings me to tears to think of those great buildings slowly crumbling away. I had stumbled across David’s ForgottenDetroit site before and it remains one of the most sadness inducing websites that I have ever seen. I do see the resemblence with the Statler especially.

It is very sad that those building sit there unused. Many of them are far more interesting than 95% of new construction.

Jason Spears | BrickShelf Gallery | MichLUG | CLB