 Town / 8336
Re: Armitage Hotel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:06:56 GMT

In lugnet.town, Nathan Todd wrote:
   In lugnet.town, Jason Spears wrote:
   That color scheme, which I agree is nice, also apparently means “firehouse” to the mundanes. At every show it’s been to, I hear someone in the crowd say something about the “firestation”. Despite the lack of bay doors, and the shops on the first floor, etc. Has anyone else had this problem? What can I do to clue people in to a building’s purpose? Maybe a sign with the hotel’s name on it?

Perhaps you could try Castles... they’re relatively self explanotory : )

I’ve done more in castle than in town, actually. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=3462

And even with castle there is room for strange interpretations. I’ve heard a lot of “Is this supposed to be something from Lord of the Rings?” Specifically when they are look at scene where skeletons and zombies are attacking a castle wall.

   A porter or two obviously placed and an airport shuttle may help... ; )

Hmm, there is some logic there. But I’m still thinking that if they don’t look for a place for the fire engines to park, they aren’t going to notice a porter.

Jason Spears | BrickShelf Gallery | MichLUG | CLB