 Town / 8339
Re: MAN Midibus in city scale with opening doors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 04:32:34 GMT

In lugnet.town, Luca Giannitti wrote:
   In lugnet.town, Matthew J. Chiles wrote:
   In lugnet.town, Luca Giannitti wrote:
   Hi to all!!!

I’m very happy to show you my last town creation. I’ve built a little town bus fit for the Lego City scale, because it is 6 studs wide and about 6 bricks high. This is the newest model which will be part of the public transport system of my Legoland (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=86551):

   If you like it, you can find more pictures (even of the door opening system too) into my Brickshelf gallery: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=131805. It uses about 180 parts for a final weight of 175 grams. I hope you’ll enjoy it!

Very nice - looks just like the real thing. Nice use of stickers too. And I like your rear view mirror on the side. I’ll check back again when the brickshelf folder is public to see how you did the doors...

-Matt :)

I’m glad you find it very nice! Have you seen the brickshelf folder? There are 2 close-up of the door system. I hope it is clear to understand how it works, or not?

Yes, very clever SNOT work on the doors! It avoids a lot of tiles and works just great... I think I may need to copy some aspects of that on my next bus...

-Matt :)