 Town / 8343
Re: MAN Midibus in city scale with opening doors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 18:27:58 GMT

In lugnet.town, Luca Giannitti wrote:
   Hi to all!!!

I’m very happy to show you my last town creation. I’ve built a little town bus fit for the Lego City scale, because it is 6 studs wide and about 6 bricks high. This is the newest model which will be part of the public transport system of my Legoland (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=86551):

The inspiration was taken from a MAN Midibus with electric traction. The original bus is about 8,5/9 meter long that in Lego scale makes the model about 22 studs long. I’ve already built a lot of town buses in many scales, but for the first time, I’ve tried to find a new way for opening the doors of the bus. I think, a really good model fit for playing in a town scenery should have some opening parts (doors, engine...). I was fed up with the Lego doors (none of the Lego doors were close to the original bus)... this is what I’ve found:

I think the final effect is not bad.

If you like it, you can find more pictures (even of the door opening system too) into my Brickshelf gallery: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=131805. It uses about 180 parts for a final weight of 175 grams. I hope you’ll enjoy it!

Bye, Luca

http://www.lucajuventino.altervista.org/lego/

Luca,

the bus looks great, I think I’ll try making one.

I’m reposting to .trains as well. It’s not a train, but it would go nicely withe a town layout, and the mirrior and door technique could be usefel for some types of train.

Mat