 Town / 7766
Re: The Big House and a Website Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 01:27:14 GMT

What a fantastically detailed house! Especially nice are the kitchen, the pool table, and those glass-block (curved) walls! The only thing I don’t really care for is the top of the chimney, which seems a bit large. And,

Yea, i agree. I wanted the design of it but pooped out before i could make it more proportional.

   where does that secret passage lead to anyway?

Well there’s a large room with nothing in it, i so ran out of ideas for something that seemed so much fun to imagine. There’s also a spiral staircase up to a trap door in the master closet, but i didn’t seem to get pictures of any of this.

I would hope that that a contemparary home (with a huge entertainment center) would have cable TV rather than an aerial! :)

hehe i was hopin nobody would catch on to that, but i just had to add it, cuz i got one :)

   One question: What type of lights did you use in your MOCs? Are they Lego light bricks or something else?

All the lighting was 1x2 Lego light bricks (29 total) powered by a 9v battery pack(11 of em) in each section (that had lights). 2 sections were powered by battery packs in other sections connected via plates in the floors. i.e. Where sections rested on those below them i was able to use plates to make the connection. 1 battery pack i disguised as the A/C unit outside. (I thought pretty sneaky). But the battery packs made it a bit cumbersome to get the house lit and put back together.

Very much enjoyed!

Nelson

Woohoo! Thanks.